How to Prepare
PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) 2016 Question Paper Format
PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) 2016
The Panjab University Chandigarh will conduct the Panjab University Common Entrance Test Post Graduate(PU CET PG) for those candidates who want to take admission into various master courses.
M. Tech. (Nanoscience and Nano Technology)
M.Tech. (Material Science & Technology)
M.E. (Food Technology)
M.E. (Chemical with specialization in Environmental Engg.)
M.E. Electrical Engg. (Instrumentation & Control)
M.E. (Electronics and Comm. Engg.)
M.E. (Computer Science and Engg.)
M.E. Civil Engineering (Construction Tech. & Mgt.)
M.E. Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Tech.)
M.E. Electrical Engg. (Power System)
PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) 2016 Conducting Body
Panjab University, Chandigarh was established in the year 1882 and shifted to Chandigarh in 1956. Panjab University has been Accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four point scale at A Grade valid for a period of 5 years from 25/06/2015. Panjab University, 1st among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015. It Ranked number one University in India and in the bracket 276-300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters. It Ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS & Emerging Economies. Panjab University University campus is spread over an area of 550 acres (2.2 km2) in sectors 14 and 25 of the city of Chandigarh.
PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) Contact Details
|Address||Dean Student Welfare Office Student Center Building, Sector 14, Panjab University, Chandigarh .|
|Phone no||+91 8283806486|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) FAQ
1) When was University of the Punjab established?
14 October 1882.
2) .Can I apply for registration online?
The University of the Panjab has recently been started the facility of online submission of registration form. Check here to submit registration form online.
3) How much fee I have to deposit?
Please follow official website ‘Home-> Fee Details and Important Dates’ for getting your fee details.
4) .I have lost my username and password?
Please follow official website ‘Home-> Forgot Password’ to recover your username and password. You will receive it on your mobile & email id. If you also have forgotten your Application No./Username , you may find it on your fee slip.
5) I am not able to deposit fee in Bank as they said ‘your record not found’?
Download Post Office challan and submit your fees in Post Office.
6) When and how will I get the admit card (hall ticket)?
Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the official website around one week prior to date of conduct of test providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
7) I am not able to upload my Photo & Signature?
Reduce size of your Photo & Signature upto less than 100KB, then try again to upload.
8) I have downloaded my Rollno. But its not showing Rollno. And Center?
Either you didn’t have submitted hard copy(print out) of your form in form cell or there would be some discrepancy related to your form which you can see on your rollno. Please visit Examination Branch, Admin Block, PU and meet your concerned dealing(name is mentioned on your rollno).
9) What is the eligibility criteria for PU CET (M.E/M.Tech )?
B.E. or B.Tech. or equivalent degree in their respective streams with at least 60% marks in the aggregate from Panjab University or any other university recognized by Panjab University as equivalent thereto.
NOTE: GATE qualified candidates will be eligible for AICTE scholarship.
10) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
11) I am doing final semester B.Tech course. Whether I am eligible to apply for (M.E./ M.Tech.) course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with 60% marks altogether.
12) What is the duration of these (M.E./ M.Tech.) courses?
All courses are full time two years (Four semesters) program.
13) Any evening batch for this (M.E./ M.Tech.) courses are available?
No,there are no evening batch for this M.Tech courses.
14) I have a consolidated 55% marks in my B.Tech/ or B.Pharm/ or MBBS/ or BDS degree. Whether I am eligible to apply for (M.E./ M.Tech.) courses?
No. Students should get minimum of 60% marks (consolidated) during their degree program.
15) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
No, Candidates pursuing degree examination by part time / correspondence course are not eligible for the course.
16) Are there any breaks during the test?
There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.
17) For how long is the Punjab CET (M.Tech/M.E) score valid?
The Punjab CET(M.Tech/M.E) score is valid for just one year.
18) What are the courses offered in PU-CET(M.E/M.Tech)?
- M. Tech. (Nanoscience and Nano Technology)
- M.Tech. (Material Science & Technology)
- M.Tech. (Polymer)
- M.E. (Chemical)
- M.E. (Food Technology)
- M.E. (Chemical with specialization in Environmental Engg.)
- M.E. Electrical Engg. (Instrumentation & Control)
- M.E. (Electronics and Comm. Engg.)
- M.E. (Computer Science and Engg.)
- M.E. Civil Engineering (Construction Tech. & Mgt.)
- M.E. Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Tech.)
- M.E. Electrical Engg. (Power System)
- M.E. Biotechnology
19) Are the courses offered by PTU are approved by AICTE ?
Here are the courses that are approved by AICTE which are offered by PTU :B. Tech, B. Pharmacy, B. Architecture, Hotel Management & Catering Technology (Four year course), MBA, MCA, M. Tech, M. Pharamacy .
20) Does the University have different standards for the various Compuses?
University of the Punjab has Quaid-i-Azam, Allama Iqbal , Gujranwala, Khanspur and jehlum campus and have the same standard.
21) What if I need to ask a question?
You can contact on given email/ Phone Numbers.
22) Is the University of the Punjab degree recognized?
Yes,University of the Punjab degree recognized.
23) How many campuses does the University have?
5 campuses are there.
24) If I need some information about Scholarships then at which email address i can get this?
25) Are there any provisions for students applying in PU from out side of Lahore to have hostel facility in University of the Punjab?
Punjab University provide hostel facility to those who get admission in PU any department / institute on regular at morning time.
26) What are the required documents for Equivalence Form?
- Original and attested photocopy of each degree/diploma obtained with English translation, if required.
- Photocopy of transcripts year-wise duly signed & stamped by the issuing authority.
- Proof of registration for the degree/diploma (a copy of admission letter etc. be provided).
- Printed/photocopy of the syllabus from the official record of the institution conferring the degree (English version only).
- Documentary evidence of completion of studies abroad, (supported by original and a photocopy of passport with visa entries, University letter etc.)
- Equivalence by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- A cop of Certificate of Registration of Pakistan Engineering Council/Pakistan Medical & Dental Council/Pakistan Pharmacy Council.
- Equivalence Fee (Original Bank Challan) (Non-refundable).