How to Prepare
Punjab CET 2017 News and Updates
We present to you th CET Selection & counselling procedure, the required documents and the tentative dates for your convenience. Read on! Selection Procedure: - You will be selected on the basis of scores in JEE Main and class XII in ratio of 60:40. This process is known as ...Read more
Punjab CET 2017
The Punjab Technical University (PTU) will conduct the Punjab Technical University Common Entrance Test Under Graduate (PU CET UG) for those candidates who want to take admission into B.Tech.
Punjab CET 2017 Conducting Body
I.K.Gujral Punjab Technical University (PTU),Jalandhar was established by an Act of State Legislature on 16th January, 1997, to promote technical, management and pharmaceutical education in the state at degree level and above. It was established as Punjab Technical University and renamed as I.K.Gujral Punjab Technical University by State Government in the honor to Late Sh. Inder Kumar Gujral, Former Prime Minister of India, in 2015. The University has the mandate to set up centres of excellence in emerging technologies and for promoting training, research and development in these areas. The University has undertaken the task of training students to help in the development of skilled manpower in this sector in the country in general and in the state in particular.
Punjab CET Contact Details
|Address||Registrar I.K. Gujral Punjab Techncial University, Near Pushpa Gujral Science City, Ibban, Kapurthala-144603, Distt. Kapurthala, Jalandhar India|
Punjab CET FAQ
1) When was University of the Punjab established?
14 October 1882.
2) How can I get the Information Brochure and Application Form ?
The information brochure and application form will be available for sale at : PTU Kapurthala Campus, PTU Jalandhar Campus, Directorate of Technical Education Plot No-1, Sector-36 A, Chandigarh, Punjab Bhawan, Room No. 708, B-Block Copernicus Marg, New Delhi and All Engineering/Pharmacy/Architecture Colleges affiliated to PTU and selected branches of Punjab National Bank (see at www.ptu.ac.in) for Rs. 550/- at counter, Rs. 600/- by post through DD in favour of Registrar, PTU payable at Jalandhar.
3) Can I apply for registration online?
The University of the Panjab has recently been started the facility of online submission of registration form. Check here to submit registration form online.
4) From where registration forms can be obtained?
Registration form can be obtained from the admin branch of the university. However can be obtained online available on the official website of the university. Click here to download the admission form.
5) What is the last date submission of registration form?
The registration form can be submitted during the month of June.
6) Can registration be submitted by post ?
The registration form can be submitted by post.
7) From where admission’s form can be downloaded?
Admission form can be downloaded on the official website of the university.
8) How much fee I have to deposit?
Please follow link ‘Home-> Fee Details and Important Dates’ for getting your fee details.
9) My Fee slip is not generating. What should I do?
There can be 2 cases:
(i) If you are college student, your fee slip will not be generated.
(ii)If you are correspondence or USOL (University School of Open Learning) student, then also your fee slip will not be generated.
10) I am a USOL/Department/College student then why I should select ‘Student Type’ as private?
A Reappear/deficient/Additional/Improvement exam is always given as Private Student.
11) I have lost my username and password?
Please follow the link ‘Home-> Forgot Password’ to recover your username and password. You will receive it on your mobile & email id. If you also have forgotten your Application No./Username , you may find it on your fee slip.
12) I am not able to deposit fee in Bank as they said ‘your record not found’?
Download Post Office challan and submit your fees in Post Office.
13) Whether I have to submit hard copy of my examination form?
Yes, if you are a College/USOL/University Department student then you have to submit your hard copy in your concerned department. If you are private student then you have to to submit the PRINTOUT of the examination form (Private Candidates) duly attested by class A gazzeted officer along with copy of the BANK SLIP either by Hand or by Post before the Last Date to Admin Block Basement, Sector-14, Panjab University.
14) In Which Month Conducts Punjab CET (B.tech) Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Second week of July every year.
15) When and how will I get the admit card (hall ticket)?
Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the official website (pu.ac.in) around one week prior to date of conduct of test providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
16) I am unable to download my Admit Card.
If you are a private/USOL student then login into your account with your username and password, and download your admit card. College or University Department students, get your admit card from your College or University Department.
17) I have already submitted my fees but it is not confirmed/updated on website yet?
If your fee has not been confirmed even after 48 hours of fee submission then either send fee slip scan copy at our E-mail Id mentioned in contact details or visit Computer Unit, Aruna Ranjit Hall, PU.
18) I am not able to upload my Photo & Signature?
Reduce size of your Photo & Signature upto less than 100KB, then try again to upload.
19) I have downloaded my Rollno. But its not showing Rollno. And Center?
Either you didn’t have submitted hard copy(print out) of your form in form cell or there would be some discrepancy related to your form which you can see on your rollno. Please visit Examination Branch, Admin Block, PU and meet your concerned dealing(name is mentioned on your rollno).
20) What is the Eligibility for Punjab CET (B.Tech)?
+2 examination under 10+2+3 system of education of a recognized University/Board/Council.
NOTE: The lateral entry from Diploma to 2nd year of 4-year B.Tech. degree level would be open only to 3 year Diploma holders who have completed Matriculation Examination with Physics and Mathematics. In addition, the candidate must have obtained 60% marks in the aggregate in the Diploma Course as required by AICTE.
21) What is the Exam Pattern for Punjab CET (B.Tech)?
The duration of the Entrance Test will be 280 minutes and it will consist of 60 multiple-choice questions of two mark each.
Section 1 -Physics - 60 Ques
Section 2 -Mathematics - 60 Ques
Section 3 -Chemistry - 60 Ques
Section 4 -Computer Science - 60 Ques
Total Marks - 240 *2 - 480 marks
Test duration- 70 minutes * 4 - 90 minutes.
22) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
23) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,there is negative marking of 1/4 marks for each wrong answer.
24) How are the students from outside Punjab are admitted?
Candidate from outside Punjab (15% category) shall be admitted in above Universities / Colleges through AIEEE merit list. Detailed information is available at www.ptu.ac.in.
25) If I fail in one subject only then under what condition i would be able to get star on that subject and consider over all pass.?
If you got 400 marks in other subjects excluding failing subject then you deserve to get star on that subject.
26) When will the Punjab CET (B.Tech) results be declared?
After 10 working days of the test.
27) For how long is the Punjab CET (B.Tech) score valid?
The Punjab CET (B.Tech) score is valid for just one year.
28) Is Punjab CET (B.Tech) result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
29) Are the courses offered by PTU are approved by AICTE ?
Here are the courses that are approved by AICTE which are offered by PTU :B. Tech, B. Pharmacy, B. Architecture, Hotel Management & Catering Technology (Four year course), MBA, MCA, M. Tech, M. Pharamacy .
30) Does the University have different standards for the various Compuses?
University of the Punjab has Quaid-i-Azam, Allama Iqbal , Gujranwala, Khanspur and jehlum campus and have the same standard.
31) What if I need to ask a question?
- You can contact on given email/ Phone Numbers.
- Here is link: http://pu.edu.pk/page/show/contact-us.html
32) Is the University of the Punjab degree recognized?
Yes,University of the Punjab degree recognized.
33) How many campuses does the University have?
5 campuses are there.
34) If I need some information about Scholarships then at which email address i can get this?
35) Are there any provisions for students applying in PU from out side of Lahore to have hostel facility in University of the Punjab?
Punjab University provide hostel facility to those who get admission in PU any department / institute on regular at morning time.
36) What are the required documents for Equivalence Form?
- Original and attested photocopy of each degree/diploma obtained with English translation, if required.
- Photocopy of transcripts year-wise duly signed & stamped by the issuing authority.
- Proof of registration for the degree/diploma (a copy of admission letter etc. be provided).
- Printed/photocopy of the syllabus from the official record of the institution conferring the degree (English version only).
- Documentary evidence of completion of studies abroad, (supported by original and a photocopy of passport with visa entries, University letter etc.)
- Equivalence by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- A cop of Certificate of Registration of Pakistan Engineering Council/Pakistan Medical & Dental Council/Pakistan Pharmacy Council.
- Equivalence Fee (Original Bank Challan) (Non-refundable).