How to Prepare
S P JAIN’S BBA Entrance Test 2016 Question Paper Format
S P JAIN’S BBA Entrance Test 2016
Students need to take either SAT or the S P Jain's BBA Entrance Test (SPJET) the Global BBA program. The SPJET would be conducted periodically in multiple cities. The test can also be taken on-line based on the test results and the overall profile a candidate will be shortlisted for the evaluations (essays and interview). S P Jain conducts an Entrance Test for the Global BBA program, in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Indore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur and Pune.
S P JAIN’S BBA Entrance Test 2016 Conducting Body
SP Jain is an Australian business school with campuses in Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore and Sydney. Our education ethos is strongly influenced by our mission of crafting global business leaders for the 21st-century workplace. With a pathbreaking multi-campus learning model and a new-age curriculum, we pride ourselves on providing you a learning experience that is modern, relevant and truly global.
S P JAIN’S BBA Entrance Test Contact Details
|Address||S P Jain School of Global Management First Floor, Trade Point Kamala Mills,Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400013|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
S P JAIN’S BBA Entrance Test FAQ
1) When and where is the SPJET administered?
The SPJET will be conducted periodically in select cities in India, Dubai, Singapore and Sydney (subject to change).
2) When does the application process for the academic year 2017 start?
The application process for the academic year 2017 has begun. A student may apply online.
3) Does S P Jain have more than one intake in a year?
SPJAIN has 2 intakes in an year Sep & Jan.
4) In what currency is fees payable - be they for entrance and evaluation or for the program?
All fees are to be paid in USD only. Fees are payable at S P Jain's Dubai campus.
5) Do I need to send any certificates with the application form?
No. If a student is shortlisted for the evaluation process,s/he would need to carry these for the same.
6) I reside outside of India. Do I still need to apply through the Mumbai office?
A student can apply through S P Jain’s Mumbai, Dubai, Singapore or Sydney offices. A student may apply online too. For shortlisted students the evaluation process (interviews/group discussions) will be conducted in person or on Skype in India, Dubai, Singapore and Sydney.
7) Is an entrance test required?
It is mandatory for all students to take the S P Jain Entrance Test (SPJET) if s/he does not have a SAT score.
8) What are the factors considered for admission?
There is no one criterion for admission that S P Jain looks for. A student is evaluated overall, on several factors. These are good entrance test score, English Language proficiency, good academic record, good communication skills and extracurricular activities.
9) Will I have to go through an interview for admission?
A student would be required to go through S P Jain's evaluation process if shortlisted for admissions. S P Jain would notify the student of the same if selected for the evaluation process.
10) Can I choose which countries I study in?
- Students of Indian origin can do their first year in either Mumbai or Singapore. Non-Indian students do the first year in Singapore.
- The undergraduate cohort comes together in Dubai for the second and third years. BBA students complete their fourth and final year in Sydney.
11) I do not meet the entry requirements as listed on the S P Jain website, can I still apply?
Normally S P Jain selects students with a high academic performance. However, a student may still apply and S P Jain would consider other factors too like presentation and communication skills as well as extracurricular activities.
12) Is the SPJET a computer based test or paper based?
The SPJET could be taken online or at a centre as a paper based test.
13) What is the minimum score required in SAT/SPJET?
It is rare for us to admit students with a SPJET score of less than 70 percentile or a SAT score of less than 1900. However, we consider all factors including academic performance, extracurricular achievements etc.
14) Could I finish the BBA in less than 4 years?
The BBA subjects are sequenced to build skills, and are offered only once a year; as a result, it takes 4 years to complete the program.
15) Post submitting my application I noticed that I had forgotten to enter certain details. What should I do in this case? Should I re-apply?
If a student has forgotten to mention certain details in his/her application and wishes to inform S P Jain about the same, s/he is required to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all the details and information that need to be updated. A student will not be able to update his/her application as it is locked for editing. Please do not re-apply as this is strictly not allowed.
16) Can I transfer between the BBA, BEC and BBC programs?
The first year of study is the same for all of our undergraduate programs. Students can transfer between the BBA, BBC and BEC when moving into their second year. It is not possible to change programs once you are in your second year.
17) I am studying in Year 1/2 of an undergraduate degree, can I transfer to S P Jain?
Yes, S P Jain accepts transfer students into the BBA program. Inorder to assess your eligibility and for the admission criteria for transfer of credits, please write to email@example.com.
18) My year 12 results are awaited. Can I still apply?
Yes, we strongly suggest students apply before their Year 12 results are in hand, as this would enable us to put you through the admission cycle. The admissions team would shortlist applications based on the Year 10 or most recent board exam (taken in the past 2 years) and S P Jain's Entrance Test (SPJET) score or a SAT score, English Language proficiency and other achievements. Shortlisted students would then be required to undergo further evaluation.
19) What does SPJET test the student for?
The SPJET is intended to test a student's IQ, mathematical ability, logic and reasoning capacity, and general awareness. The paper would be divided into different sections based on these areas. The test would be for a duration of 1 hour. The format of the test may change from time to time but the testing would be on the mentioned parameters.
20) Is there negative marking in the test?
Yes, there is negative marking. Different questions may have a different scale of negative marking, and this would be taken into account while calculating a student’s score.
21) Do I need to show an entrance test score?
It is mandatory for students to take either SAT or the SPJET.
22) Are there sectional cut-offs for SPJET score?
S P Jain does not have sectional cut-offs for the SPJET.
23) How will I get to know my score?
As the SPJET is an internal exam and one of several criteria used to evaluate a student for admission into the BBA program, we would not be declaring students’ scores. Students would be advised via email if their results meet S P Jain's requirements.
24) Is it compulsory to spend the first year in Singapore/Mumbai, the second year in Dubai and the next 2 years in Sydney, or can I choose which campus to go to?
It is compulsory to spend the first year in Singapore or Mumbai, the second year in Dubai and the next 2 years in Sydney. A student cannot choose which campus s/he would like to go to.
25) Is S P Jain a university (or deemed university)?
S P Jain School of Global Management is an accredited business school in Australia with full degree giving rights. It is also licensed by the Council for Private Education in Singapore and by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority, U.A.E.
26) Does SP Jain offer career assistance to students?
SP Jain has Career Services offices in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Dubai, Singapore, Shanghai and Sydney. Our Career Services teams help students find career opportunities.
27) How do I get a student visa for Singapore/Dubai/Australia?
SP Jain obtains visas for students studying in Singapore and Dubai. Charges for processing of the Dubai and Singapore visas are covered in the fees paid by a student.
Students need to apply for Australian visas themselves (the Australian immigration authorities do not allow SP Jain to apply on behalf of students). SP Jain can provide assistance for students applying for Australian visas.
28) How much does the BBA/BBC/BEC program cost?
The fees for each program(2017-18):-
29) Is SP Jain an accredited education institute?
SP Jain School of Global Management is registered as a Higher Education Provider in Australia and as such can award Australian degrees to our graduates.
We are also licensed by the Council for Private Education in Singapore and by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority in the UAE.
30) Why is the BBA 4 years and not 3 years like SP Jain's other undergraduate programs?
SP Jain's BBA is designed like American BBA programs that are delivered over 4 years. It includes several liberal arts subjects along with core and specialised business subjects. It also includes an intensive Action Learning Project. The summers are intended for doing internships.
31) Is student accommodation compulsory or can I organise my own housing?
Student accommodation is not compulsory. Students can opt to live off-campus on their own.
32) Does SP Jain provide on-campus meals? Is vegetarian food available?
Each of our campuses has a cafeteria that provides a variety of meal options, including vegetarian food.
33) What will be conferred at the end of completing the BBA program?
The degree is a Bachelor of Business Administration awarded by the S P Jain School of Global Management, Australia. The specialization is also mentioned. The S P Jain School of Global Management is registered as a Higher Education Provider in Australia. ‘The qualification is recognized within the Australian Qualifications Framework'. The Australian credential enhances the international acceptance of the degree, whether you wish to pursue more advanced studies or a global career.
34) Does S P Jain provide student scholarships and if so what are the criteria?
S P Jain provides student scholarships very selectively to meritorious and needy students. Normally a student would need to have obtained distinctions in Year 10 and 12, be a rank holder and have exceptional extracurricular achievements.