SET- M.Tech (SET- M.Tech - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
SET- M.Tech 2016
The Admissions of the eligible candidates to M.Tech program of the institute will be based on merit in any one of the Symbiosis Institute M.Tech Entrance Test(Symbiosis SET), GATE. The admission will be carried out through open counseling, in which the candidate has to be physically present on the date of counseling along with his/her original certificates. Admission through will be given to GATE qualified candidates and admission of such candidates will be made based on the merit in GATE.
- Computer Aided Design & Manufacture (CAD&M)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (E&TC)
- Geoinformatics & Surveying Technology (G&ST)
SET- M.Tech 2016 Conducting Body
Symbiosis Institute of Technology, a constituent of Symbiosis International University was established in the year, 2008 and currently offers M.Tech programmers in Computer Aided Design and Manufacture, Electronics and Tele communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering. Research programmers leading to Ph. D. Degree has already been started in Faculty of Engineering of Symbiosis International University. The curriculum developed by the Institute lays a stress both on basics and latest developments. Realizing the fact that faculty is the most important resource, special efforts have been made to find, recruit and retain highly qualified and competent faculty.
SET- M.Tech Contact Details
|Address||Symbiosis International University, Near Lupin Research Park, Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Pune 412 115|
|Phone no||+91 20 39116300|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
SET- M.Tech FAQ
1) When during the year does the program begin?
The program at Symbiosis Institute of Technology begins in July each year.
2) I'm interested in applying to SIT(Symbiosis Institute of Technology), how can I request a prospectus and/or an application?
For applying to SIT you first need to register online with SET M.tech on officail website. On payment at SET you will receive the prospectus which contains details of all PG institutes of Symbiosis, which includes SIT.
3) Does SIT consider other test scores like GATE?
Yes, Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates and admission of such candidates will be made based on the merit in GATE.
4) Do I have to send printed application form to SIT?
No, you are required to register online only.
5) Is it compulsory to choose the specialization at the time of application?
Yes, You are required to choose only ONE specialization. Once admission is secured for a particular specialization, under no circumstances can it be changed later.
6) What is the eligibility criteria for SET M.Tech ?
- For M.Tech Computer Aided Design & Manufacture Program: Candidates should have completed BE/B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- For M.Tech Electronics & Telecommunication Program: Candidates should have completed B.E/ B.Tech in Electronics/Electronics & Telecommunication
- For M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering Program: Candidates should have completed B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology
- For M.Tech Geoinformatics & Surveying Technology Program: Candidates should have complete B.Tech/BE, M.Sc Geoinformatics, M.Sc Physics, M.Sc Geology, M.Sc.
- Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates and admission of such candidates will be made based on the merit in GATE.
- Candidates with at least 50 percent marks or equivalent at graduation level or equivalent in respective qualifying exam would be eligible.
7) My Degree Certificate is pending, can I submit the internet result copy declared by the University on the website, and would you consider my application?
- We require graduation completion related documents that is either all the year Marksheet OR the Provisional certificate OR the Degree certificate. Any one.
- Your application may be considered if the Graduation related Mark sheets are internet print out, provided you get the internet result copy duly attested from your respective college principal/registrar only with their clear official seal and signatures. However, you would be required to submit the required graduation completion related documents or within the timeline specified by SIT to get confirmed admission. Submission of proper documents as per policies, within the timelines as specified by SIT, for confirmation of admission, is the sole responsibility of the student.
8) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
No, Candidates pursuing degree examination by part time / correspondence course are not eligible for the course.
9) I have done my graduation in B.E. / B.tech. Am I eligible for the course?
Yes, The minimum requirement for admission is a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a statutory University with a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination (45% for SC / ST). Final year students are also eligible to apply but their admission would be on provisional basis.
10) I have done my graduation through a private university. Can I still apply to your institute?
The university should be approved by AICTE / UGC. Also it should be registered under AIU.
11) I am holding Bachelor of Information technology/science. Am I eligible.
Yes, you are eligible. Kindly check the eilgibility criteria on website.
12) What is the Branch-wise Cut-Off?
- Cut-offs are declared only for the counseling rounds. There is no branch-wise cut-off.
- All the candidates can attend the counseling. In such counseling where a candidate has to Be physically present, sometimes many top rankers do not turn up.
- Some others are Interested in a particular branch and the moment the seats of that branch are filled up, they Leave.
- If you have a high score you stand a good chance to get a seat. If your rank is lower than that, you can still hope to get a seat. For this purpose you can apply for the waiting list by filling up the form and depositing Rs.1, 25,000/- by bank draft.
- As and when a seat falls vacant, this will be filled up from the waiting list.
13) What is cut-off for SET entrance exam?
There is no cut for the SET entrance exam. However cut-offs are declared only for the counseling day as who can attend the counselling round. Rest all the students who have SET score below the declared cut off has an option to either attend the counselling or directly apply for waiting list.
14) What is the fee structure for the programs at SET M.Tech?
- SET M.tech Annual Fee is 1,60,000/- p.a.
- Refundable Caution Money :-Rs. 20,000/-.
15) Is the counseling On-line?
The Counseling is Not on- line. The candidate along with his documents and a DD of Rs.1, 25,000 has to be physically present at the counseling.
16) What are the specializations offered at SET (M.Tech) ?
Specializations Offered by SET (M.Tech) -
- M.Tech Computer Aided Design and Manufacture
- M.Tech Electronics & Telecommunication
- M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
- M.Tech Geoinformatics & Surveying Technology.
17) Can the seat be cancelled on telephone or does the candidate have to come personally?
Please visit http://siufinance.ishinfo.com/UGStudentAdmission/login.aspx for process of submission of online Application for Cancellation of Admission. Please note the formalities for cancellation of admission will be initiated only after you submit the duly signed hard copy of the application for cancellation form duly completed in all respect along with necessary documents. Process for Cancellation of Admission and refund of fees, will start only after receipt of the signed hard copy of the application for cancellation along with the required documents at the Institute. Fees will be refunded online in a period of 3-4 weeks from the date of receipt of the duly completed and signed hard copy of the Application of Cancellation at Institute.
For hostel cancellation please attached hostel payment receipt along with hard copy of cancellation form. Also mail this to email@example.com.
18) Is the accommodation available at the time of the counseling? What is the procedure for the same?
Candidates have to make their own stay arrangements at the time of counselling. We will however upload on the website details of accommodation available in nearby hotels etc.
19) How about the placements?
- Our first batch passed out in June 2012. Most of the students of the batch (about 85% of the eligible students) where placed in various renowned companies like Infosys, Mahindra and Mahindra, Persistent, Kirloskar Brothers Ltd, Synechron, Mu Sigma, Forbes Marshal, Thermo fisher, Sokrati, Bosch, Steria, Pubmatic, Atos, Syntel, Marathon Electric, Symantec, ACT TV, CRF Global and many others.
- 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 placements were also good which has addition of some more renowed companies such as Microsoft, Amazon Veritas, IBM, TCS, MediaOcean etc.
20) How is the Faculty?
We have highly competent faculty. Many faculty members have joined us after completing their Ph.D or fellowship from renowned institutes of the world Pennsylvania State University, USA, RMIT Australia, Carnegie Mellon USA and so on.
21) Is the bank facility available near the campus to take out the demand draft? Is the bank open on the counseling day?
It is not a full fledged bank facility. You are advised to get your drafts etc. made before coming for counseling. However, for emergency cases the banking facility will be available. All our Counseling's are on Sundays.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place