SHIATS(B.Tech) (SHIATS - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
SHIATS 2016 Question Paper Format
The Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHUATS), conducts SHIATS(B.Tech) Entrance Test for admission to its various B.Tech Programmes. Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences is a Christian Minority Educational Institute within the meaning of Article 30 (1) of the Constitution of India.
- B.Tech. Agricultural Engineering
- B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engg .
- B.Tech. Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech. Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech. Environmental Engineering
- B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
- B.Tech. Food Technology
- B.Tech. Biotechnology
- B.Tech. Bioinfomatics
- B.Tech. Biochemical Engineering
SHIATS 2016 Conducting Body
The Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology And Sciences (SHUATS) is established under U.P. Act No. 35 of 2016, as passed by the Uttar Pradesh Legislature. SHUATS is established and administered by the Ecumenical Minority Christian Society namely the Sam Higginbottom Educational and Charitable Society registered under the Society Registration Act, 1860 in the State of Uttar Pradesh. The University is a united endeavour of the Christian community in India for promoting rural life and development in conformity with the Christian vision of human kind and the creation. The University is held in trust as a common ecumenical heritage by the Christian Churches and Christian Organizations of the country. It seeks to be a national centre of professional excellence in education and service to the people with the participation of students and faculty members from all over India.
SHIATS Contact Details
|Address||Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences, P.O Agriculture Institute, Rewa Road, Naini, Allahbad-211007, Uttar pradesh State, country India Email:email@example.com Fax: +915322684392|
|Phone no||+915322684281, 2684284, 2684781, 2684290|
1) What is SHIATS?
SHIATS is The Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (Earlier known as Allahabad Agricultural Institute) a premier and foremost Agricultural Institute established in 1910 in the form of a 'school of agriculture'. It is now a deemed to be University. SHIATS is a Pen and Paper based test for Admission to various Undergraduate and Postgraduate agriculture and other programmes of SHIATS, Allahabad campus.
2) What is the admission procedure?
Admission to various undergraduate programmes shall be granted through ENTRANCE TEST, strictly on the basis of merit. However, there are few programmes for which the admission will take place through DIRECT INTERVIEW, which will be held on July 14 followed by registration and admission by depositing the fees on the same day.
Note: A common application form shall be applicable for all academic programmes irrespective of the course (undergraduate, postgraduate) for which admission in sought, whether through entrance test or direct interview (Ph.D. excluded).
3) When will I get my Admit Card?
The admit card will be available on the website of SHIATS only fromMay 23rd. The applicant is required to print the admit card from the university Website.However, he/ she is required to bring a passport-size photograph (similar to that pasted on the application form) along with the admit card to the entrance-test center for verification.
4) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Application form?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final.
5) If I got Blank/Zero Registration No after submission of application form then what I should do?
It means that the application form has not been submitted successfully and you are required to apply afresh.
6) What details should I retain after completion of successful submission of my form?
The candidate must have:
- Hard copy of the filled-in form.
- Fee receipt detail
- Auto generated ID and Password.
7) What is the eligibility criteria?
- 10+2 passed with at least 50% marks for general candidates and 45% marks for SC/ST/ differently abled candidates as per their qualifying examination are eligible for admission to undergraduate programmes (except B.Sc. Home Science) as mentioned .
- The candidates appearing in 10+2 examination in 2017 are also eligible to apply provisionally for admission and appear in the entrance test, but they will have to submit documentary proof of successfully completing the examination at the time of counseling.
- Non submission of documentary evidence of completion of the examination and attaining eligibility by the time of counseling will disqualify him/ her for admission.
8) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
9) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
10) I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.Am I Eligible to Apply for SHIATS(B.Tech)?
Candidates can write SHIATS(B.Tech) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.However they will be eligible to apply only for the B. Tech program.
11) .I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for SHIATS(B.Tech)-2017?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for SHIATS(B.Tech) .
12) I had appeared in SHIATS(B.Tech)-2016 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in SHIATS(B.Tech)-2017?
Yes. as advertised subject to eligibility conditions you can apply again for SHIATS(B.Tech)-2017.
13) How am I Eligible for admission to B.Tech. programmes after 12th?
The B.Tech. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
14) For how long is the SHIATS B.Tech score valid?
The SHIATS B.Tech score is valid for just one year.
15) Is SHIATS B.Tech result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
16) What is the Procedure of SHIATS B.Tech Counselling Process ?
Counselling of candidates as per the ranking in each category (Christian and general) will be done for admission to various undergraduate programmes. Information regarding date and time of counselling will be given on the internet. Applicants will be required to download their call letter for the counselling from the university website only.
17) What is the Counselling fee?
Counselling fee is the payment made by a candidate to show his/her seriousness/commitment in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s). Counselling fee is not a separate fee, it is the adjustable advance paid which subsequently gets adjusted at the time of admission from the fee payable to the respective University by a candidate.
18) What are the specializations offered at Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHIATS) in B.Tech ?
- B.Tech. Agricultural Engineering.
- B.Tech. Food Technology
- B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering.
- B.Tech. Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- B.Tech. Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech. Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech. Environmental Engineering
- B. Tech. Biotechnology
- B.Tech. Dairy Technology
- B.Tech. Water Resource Engg.
19) Is the University NAAC accredited?
The university is a recognized member of Association of Indian Universities,Association of Commonwealth Universities,Indian Agricultural Universities Association and International Association of Universities.The university has been re-accredited with a CGPA of 3.14 on a four-point scale and has received an ‘A’ grade from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). SHIATS was also accredited in 2009 by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and in 2010 by Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE).
20) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
- Eligible Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minority/General of Uttar Pradesh are given Scholarship by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh as per G.O. No. 641/64-2- 2013 dated December 2, 2013.
- Eligible candidates of OBC / General are also be given Scholarship by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh as per G.O. No. 641/64-2-2013 dated December 2, 2013.
- List of the documents to be submitted along with SHIATS Application Form for availing the scholarship:
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Annual Income of the Parents should be less than rupees two lakh for OBC / General / Minority / SC / ST.
21) What are the rules and regulations for the admission to b.tech?
1. Candidates found using unfair means in the entrance test of this university shall be rejected and further debarred from seeking admission in the university in the future.
2. It is the responsibility of the candidate to furnish complete and correct information in the application form. Any admission made on the basis of wrong or concealed information supplied by the candidate or due to any oversight or error of the entrance test and examination division which is subsequently detected after the admission or joining of the candidate, will be cancelled at any time at the cost and the risk of the candidate.
3. Candidates against whom disciplinary action has been taken and who have been involved in any sort of established criminal offence in the past, will not be considered for admission.
22) Is there any reservation available on domicile basis in Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHIATS)?
Yes, have provision of domicile based reservations for which the candidates are advised to refer to information brochure.
23) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place