SHIATS(M.Tech) (SHIATS - 2016)
How to Prepare
For the Subject Group Codes - AGRI/HSC/BIO/ABF/SCI/OTH/ETE - Agriculture, Biology, Home Science, Science Technology [ABF] (Agri. Engg./Food Tech./Dairy Tech./Biotech) and General Aptitude syllabus.
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
SHIATS 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHIATS) formerly Allahabad Agricultural Institute conducts SHIATS(M.Tech) Entrance Test for admission to its various M.Tech Programmes. Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences is a Christian Minority Educational Institute within the meaning of Article 30 (1) of the Constitution of India. Under this provision and as per the judgement of the Hon’ble Supreme Court, dated the 6th of December 1991, St. Stephen’s College, Delhi Vs. University of Delhi, and party overruled by the 11 Judges Constitution Bench in T.M.A. Pai Foundation v/s State of Karnataka dated 31st of October 2002, that 50% seats shall be reserved for the candidates of the Christian Community and the remaining 50% shall be allotted to general candidates strictly by merit.
SHIATS 2016 Conducting Body
The Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences is a united endeavor of the Christian community in India for promoting rural life and development in conformity with the Christian vision of human kind and the creation. The Institute is held in trust as a common ecumenical heritage by the Christian Churches and Christian Organizations of the country. It seeks to be a national centre of professional excellence in education and service to the people with the participation of students and faculty members from all over India.
SHIATS Contact Details
|Address||Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (Formerly Allahabad Agricultural Institute) (Deemed to be University) P.O. Agricultural Institute, Allahabad- 211007, U.P., India|
|Phone no||91- 0532-2684281|
1) What is SHIATS?
SHIATS is The Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (Earlier known as Allahabad Agricultural Institute) a premier and foremost Agricultural Institute established in 1910 in the form of a 'school of agriculture'. It is now a deemed to be University. SHIATS is a Pen and Paper based test for Admission to various Undergraduate and Postgraduate agriculture and other programmes of SHIATS, Allahabad campus.
2) What is the admission procedure?
Admission to various undergraduate programmes shall be granted through ENTRANCE TEST, strictly on the basis of merit. However, there are few programmes for which the admission will take place through DIRECT INTERVIEW, which will be held on July 14 followed by registration and admission by depositing the fees on the same day.
Note: A common application form shall be applicable for all academic programmes irrespective of the course (undergraduate, postgraduate) for which admission in sought, whether through entrance test or direct interview (Ph.D. excluded).
3) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
- Vaugh School Of Agricultural Engineering & Technology
- Shepherd School Of Engineering & Technology
- Jacob School Of Biotechnology & Bioengineering
- Warner School Of Food & Dairy Technology.
4) When will I get my Admit Card?
The admit card will be available on the website of SHIATS only from May 23rd. The applicant is required to print the admit card from the university Website.However, he/ she is required to bring a passport-size photograph (similar to that pasted on the application form) along with the admit card to the entrance-test center for verification.
5) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Application form?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final.
6) If I got Blank/Zero Registration No after submission of application form then what I should do?
It means that the application form has not been submitted successfully and you are required to apply afresh.
7) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
8) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
9) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
10) What is the eligibility criteria for SHIATS(M.Tech)?
10+2 with PCM or PCMB.
11) I am a General class candidate and got less than 50% (in the range of 40-50%) in my graduation . Am I eligible for SHIATS M.Tech Entrance Exam?
No,you are not allowed.
12) I am doing final semester B.Tech course. Whether I am eligible to apply for M.Tech. course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with 50% marks altogether.
13) What is the duration of these M.Tech courses?
All courses are full time two years (Four semesters) program.
14) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
No, Candidates pursuing degree examination by part time / correspondence course are not eligible for the course.
15) Are there any breaks during the test?
There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.
16) For how long is the SHIATS M.Tech score valid?
The SHIATS M.Tech score is valid for just one year.
17) Is SHIATS M.Tech result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
18) What is the Procedure of SHIATS M.Tech Counselling Process ?
Counselling of candidates as per the ranking in each category (Christian and general) will be done for admission to various undergraduate programmes. Information regarding date and time of counselling will be given on the internet. Applicants will be required to download their call letter for the counselling from the university website only.
19) What are the specializations offered at Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHIATS) in M.Tech under this exmination?
- M.Tech. Ag. Engg. (Agricultural Process & Food Engineering)
- M.Tech. Ag. Engg. (Farm Machinery & Power Engineering)
- M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering (Irrigation & Drainage Engineering)
- M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering (Soil Water Conservation Engineering)
- M.Tech. Agricultural Water Management
- M.Tech. Energy Management
- M.Tech. in Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System (GIS)
- M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering (Renewable Energy)
- M.Tech. Water Resource Engineering
- M.Tech. Food Technology (Food Process Engineering)
- M.Tech. Food Technology (Food Engineering)
- M.Tech. Food Technology (Food Quality Management)
- M.Tech. Food Technology (Food Chain Management)
- M.Tech. Food Technology (Food Safety & Standards)
- M.Tech. Food Technology (Food Laws and Policies)
- M.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
- M.Tech. Software Engineering
- M.Tech Mechatronics
- M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (Machine Design)
- M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (CAD / CAM)
- M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (Production Engineering)
- M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (Thermal Engineering)
- M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (Industrial Engg. & Management)
- M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning)
- M.Tech Electrical Engineering (Power System)
- M.Tech Electrical Engineering (Control & Instrumentation)
- M.Tech Electrical Engineering (Power Electronics)
- M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering (VLSI and Embeded System)
- M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering (Optical Fiber Communication Engineering)
- M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering (Signal Processing)
- M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering (Wireless Communication Engineering)
- M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering (Microwave Communication Engineering)
- M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering (Communication System Engineering)
- M.Tech Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering)
- M.Tech Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering & Management)
- M.Tech Civil Engineering (Transportation Engineering)
- M.Tech Civil Engineering (Fluids Engineering)
- M.Tech. Environmental Engineering
- M.Tech Biotechnology (Genomics & Proteomics)
- M.Tech Biotechnology (Industrial Microbiology)
- M.Tech Biotechnology (Bioprocess Tech.)
- M.Tech Bioinformatics
- M.Tech. Dairy Technology.
20) What is the Counselling fee?
Counselling fee is the payment made by a candidate to show his/her seriousness/commitment in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s). Counselling fee is not a separate fee, it is the adjustable advance paid which subsequently gets adjusted at the time of admission from the fee payable to the respective University by a candidate.
21) Is the University NAAC accredited?
The university is a recognized member of Association of Indian Universities,Association of Commonwealth Universities,Indian Agricultural Universities Association and International Association of Universities.The university has been re-accredited with a CGPA of 3.14 on a four-point scale and has received an ‘A’ grade from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). SHIATS was also accredited in 2009 by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and in 2010 by Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE).
22) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
- Eligible Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minority/General of Uttar Pradesh are given Scholarship by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh as per G.O. No. 641/64-2- 2013 dated December 2, 2013.
- Eligible candidates of OBC / General are also be given Scholarship by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh as per G.O. No. 641/64-2-2013 dated December 2, 2013.
- List of the documents to be submitted along with SHIATS Application Form for availing the scholarship:
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Annual Income of the Parents should be less than rupees two lakh for OBC / General / Minority / SC / ST.
23) What are the rules and regulations for the admission to M.tech?
1. Candidates found using unfair means in the entrance test of this university shall be rejected and further debarred from seeking admission in the university in the future.
2. It is the responsibility of the candidate to furnish complete and correct information in the application form. Any admission made on the basis of wrong or concealed information supplied by the candidate or due to any oversight or error of the entrance test and examination division which is subsequently detected after the admission or joining of the candidate, will be cancelled at any time at the cost and the risk of the candidate.
3. Candidates against whom disciplinary action has been taken and who have been involved in any sort of established criminal offence in the past, will not be considered for admission.
24) Is there any reservation available on domicile basis in Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHIATS)?
Yes, have provision of domicile based reservations for which the candidates are advised to refer to information brochure.
25) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place