Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University Admission Test (MCA) (SAAT(MCA) - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of MCA. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
SAAT(MCA) 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT) - Masters of Computer Applications (MCA), a national level entrance test is conducted by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University every year to select bright students from different parts of our country. The test is being conducted for different programs offered in different constituent institutes / schools of the Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University. The test is primarily a multiple choice type written test and the standard of the test are comparable to any other national level entrance test. Will counselling be held for the selected shortlisted candidates for admission various programmes of the University.
SAAT(MCA) 2016 Conducting Body
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA) has been declared as a deemed University, U/S 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and is located at Bhubaneswar, the capital of Odisha. The University is making a persistent endeavour achieve excellence and carve a niche in the national and global education map. Some of its constituent institutes have been established for almost two decades ago and are well known for their academic excellence. The University has been re-accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with Grade ‘A’ for its overall performance. Different faculties of the university have been duly approved by the respective statutory bodies. The university offers undergraduate, post-graduate, dual degree and doctoral programmes in engineering / technology, computer application, sciences, humanities & social sciences, medicine, dental, nursing, business administration, hospitality and tourism management, hospital administration, pharmacy, biotechnology, law and agriculture.
SAAT(MCA) Contact Details
|Address||Khandagiri Square, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|Phone no||+91-674- 2350635, 2350791|
1) What is SAAT ?
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT) is conducted by Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University (SOAU), Bhubaneswar for taking admission to various under graduate and post graduate programs. SAAT is held at 72 centers across 50 cities of India.
2) How to apply for SAAT ?
Candidates can apply online.
3) Should I upload my photograph and signature?
You need to upload the Photo (File size less than 30KB and .jpg file format) and Signature (File size less than 15KB and .jpg file format) as and when prompted by the system during the online application form filling process.
4) Do I need to post my application and attachments?
No, Not Necessary.
5) I have made mistakes in the application form, can I correct it?
Yes, corrections can be made.
6) I have forgotten my password, how to retrieve it?
Go through the “Forgot Password” link in the login window.
7) When will I get my Admit Card?
- Admit card will be sent by speed post about 10 days prior to the entrance. Candidate can also download their Admit cards from the University website.
- The candidate is required to produce a valid identity proof (as mentioned in the application form and Admit Card) along with printed Admit Card.
- Candidates must preserve the admit card till the admission process is over.
8) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
9) What do the candidates need to bring to the exam centre?
The candidate is required to bring following at the examination centre:-
- Admit Card along with passport size photograph affixed on it;
- One Post Card Size Photograph affixed on the proforma and
- One passport size photograph to be affixed on attendance sheet. Candidates are advised not to bring any other item at the examination centres. There will not be any arrangement for safe keeping of any material at the centre.
10) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
11) What is the eligibility criteria for SAAT(MCA)?
Pass or appearing (in the year 2017) at three year Bachelor Degree in any discipline from any recognized University with atleast 50% of marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC Category) having Mathematics at 10+2 level or at +3 level.
Candidates having Business mathematics at +2 or +3 level are not eligible.
12) Any evening batch for this MCA courses are available?
No,there are no evening batch for this MCA courses.
13) I did not have Math at 10+2 level. Can I still apply for the entrance?
Even if you did not have Math at 10+2 level, you can still apply for the MCA entrance test. However, you must have had Maths at levels after 10+2. There are institutes who do not consider Maths a mandatory subject.
14) What type of questions will there be?
The exam will only contain multiple choice questions, each with four (4) options and only one (1) correct response.
15) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for SAAT MCA?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
16) For how long is the SAAT(MCA) score valid?
The SAAT(MCA) score is valid for just one year.
17) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator. Note that the on-screen timer will continue running during restroom breaks.
18) What is the fee structure of the SAAT(MCA) course?
The annual fee structure for MCA :-Rs. 1,28,000/- Per Annum.
19) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
Scholarships will only be available to those who get into Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University are:-
- 60% in 10th and 12th Exam. - Rs. 12,500/- p.a. - (2 years).
20) What is the policy of the University on reservation for SCs, STs, ?
15% and 7.5% seats in all programmes are reserved respectively for candidates belonging to Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe by birth (not by marriage or adoption).
Note : Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe persons who have migrated from their state of origin to another state for the purpose of seeking education, employment etc., will be deemed to be Scheduled Caste / Tribe of state of their origin and will be entitled to derive benefits from the state of origin and not from the state to which they have migrated. (Vide Govt. India Letter No. BC/160 14.1.82 SC & BCD / dated 22nd Feb., 1985). Thus, SC/ST candidates from Odisha who are staying outside the state have to produce SC/ST certificate from the competent authority of Odisha State during counselling.
21) Can I depute someone as a nominee for counselling if I am not able to travel/ come down?
Yes, the authorised representative must carry the proper authorisation, fees and all the original documents required for admission.
22) Should I need to pay the admission / tuition fee at the time of counselling / admission?
Yes, the fee is to be paid on the day of counselling/admission.
23) What is the Refund Rules of Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University ?
- The University shall refund the paid fees as per the following rules :
- If a candidate withdraws his/her admission after the counselling and before the classes starts dates (as notified to the students),the candidate will be refunded all fees paid after deducting the processing fees of ` 1,000/-.
- Any candidate withdrawing his/her admission after commencement of classes, no refund will be made.
- For refund the candidate / parent have to submit a written application addressed to the Director (Admissions), Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University along with the original University registration card. The bank account details (for RTGS) of the candidate only is required to be filled in a form available with the Admission Cell and submit along with the photocopy of the front page of the passbook and the original money receipt fo the all the fees paid.
- The refund information given above is indicative and the University reserved the right to make changes.
24) Is the University NAAC accredited?
SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN UNIVERSITY is a Deemed University declared Under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 (Govt. of India). Accredited by NAAC of University Grants Commission (UGC) with ‘A’ Grade with CGPA 3.35.
25) Is it Mandatory to fill maximum number of choices?
No. But if you fill maximum number of choices, you have a better chance of getting a seat.
26) What are the important documents need to be submitted at the time of COUNSELLING - CUM - ADMISSION?
ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TO BE BROUGHT ON THE DAY OF THE COUNSELLING - CUM - ADMISSION.
- Admit card of SAAT
- Rank Card of SAAT
- Proof of Identity
- Original Date of Birth Certificate / 10th certificate
- Original School / College Leaving Certificate
- +2 Certificate
- +2 Mark Sheet and 10th Mark Sheet
- Bachelor's degree Mark Sheet
- Bank Draft: A fee of ` 30,000/- in the form of a demand draft drawn from any nationalized bank in favour of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar, payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Any other relevant certificate as mentioned in thisBrochure.
- Two sets of attested photocopy of all original documents.
- Four recent passport size coloured photographs
- Caste Certificate in the prescribed format along with original caste certificate.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place