How to Prepare
SAAT (BA/BBA-LLB) 2016 Question Paper Format
SAAT (BA/BBA-LLB) 2016
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT) - Integrated Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws (B.A. LL.B. (Hons)) and Integrated Bachelor of Business Administration + Bachelor of Laws (B.B.A L.L.B (Hons)) Programme (5 years), a national level entrance test is conducted by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University every year to select bright students from different parts of our country. SAAT will be online computer based examination. The test is being conducted for different programs offered in different constituent institutes/schools of the Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneshwar. Candidates can apply online for SAAT Entrance for B.A.LLB(Hons / B.B.A.LLB(Hons) course.
SAAT (BA/BBA-LLB) 2016 Conducting Body
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA) has been declared as a deemed University, U/S 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and is located at Bhubaneswar, the capital of Odisha. The University is making a persistent endeavour achieve excellence and carve a niche in the national and global education map. Some of its constituent institutes have been established for almost two decades ago and are well known for their academic excellence. The University has been re-accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with Grade ‘A’ for its overall performance. Different faculties of the university have been duly approved by the respective statutory bodies. The university offers undergraduate, post-graduate, dual degree and doctoral programmes in engineering / technology, computer application, sciences, humanities & social sciences, medicine, dental, nursing, business administration, hospitality and tourism management, hospital administration, pharmacy, biotechnology, law and agriculture.
SAAT (BA/BBA-LLB) Contact Details
|Address||Khandagiri Square, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.|
|Phone no||+91-674- 2350635, 2350791|
SAAT (BA/BBA-LLB) FAQ
1) Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting?
You should create the login details ie user-id and password in one sitting. The password will be sent to you by email. In the second stage you should login using the login details received in your email and then change your password.
Now in the next step you should re-login using the new password and fill the remaining part of the application in one sitting.
2) How to apply for SAAT ?
Candidates can apply online.
3) What is SAAT ?
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT) is conducted by Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University (SOAU), Bhubaneswar for taking admission to various under graduate and post graduate programs. SAAT is held at 72 centers across 50 cities of India.
4) Do I need to post my application and attachments?
No, Not Necessary.
5) I have made mistakes in the application form, can I correct it?
Yes, corrections can be made.
6) Should I upload my photograph and signature?
You need to upload the Photo (File size less than 30KB and .jpg file format) and Signature (File size less than 15KB and .jpg file format) as and when prompted by the system during the online application form filling process.
7) Is it compulsory to have an Email-ID and Mobile number?
Yes, Email-ID and mobile number are mandatory for all candidates. Active Email-ID and mobile number of parents can also be used.
8) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
- Admit card will be sent by speed post about 10 days prior to the entrance. Candidate can also download their Admit cards from the University website.
- The candidate is required to produce a valid identity proof (as mentioned in the application form and Admit Card) along with printed Admit Card.
- Candidates must preserve the admit card till the admission process is over.
10) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
11) What do the candidates need to bring to the exam centre?
The candidate is required to bring following at the examination centre:-
- Admit Card along with passport size photograph affixed on it;
- One Post Card Size Photograph affixed on the proforma and
- One passport size photograph to be affixed on attendance sheet. Candidates are advised not to bring any other item at the examination centres. There will not be any arrangement for safe keeping of any material at the centre.
12) I have forgotten my password, how to retrieve it?
Go through the “Forgot Password” link in the login window.
13) What is the basic qualification required to take admission in BA/BBA-LLB program?
Pass or appearing (2017) the 10+2 or equivalent in any stream with atleast 45% marks. Relaxable to 40% in case of SC/ST.
14) I have studied science in 12th. Can I apply for the B.A/BBA.LL.B.(Hons)?
Yes, you can apply for the B.A.LL.B.(Hons) provided you meet the specific eligibility criterion and the requisite cut off.
15) What is the age limit for a student who wishes to apply for SAAT - B.A./BBA LL.B.(Hons)?
Candidate should not have completed 20 years of age as on 1st August 2017. The upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 2(two) years for SC and ST candidates.
16) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator.
17) May I use calculator or Log Table during examination?
No, use of Textual Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device is strictly prohibited.
18) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
19) What is the duration of these B.A./BBA LL.B courses?
All courses are full time five years (ten semesters) program.
20) For how long is the SAAT(B.A./BBA LL.B) score valid?
The SAAT(B.A./BBA LL.B) score is valid for just one year.
21) Is it Mandatory to fill maximum number of choices?
No. But if you fill maximum number of choices, you have a better chance of getting a seat.
22) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
23) What is the fee structure of the SAAT(B.A./BBA LL.B) course?
The annual fee structure for B.A./BBA LL.B :Rs. 89,000/- Per Annum.
24) What is the policy of the University on reservation for SCs, STs, ?
15% and 7.5% seats in all programmes are reserved respectively for candidates belonging to Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe by birth (not by marriage or adoption).
Note : Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe persons who have migrated from their state of origin to another state for the purpose of seeking education, employment etc., will be deemed to be Scheduled Caste / Tribe of state of their origin and will be entitled to derive benefits from the state of origin and not from the state to which they have migrated. (Vide Govt. India Letter No. BC/160 14.1.82 SC & BCD / dated 22nd Feb., 1985). Thus, SC/ST candidates from Odisha who are staying outside the state have to produce SC/ST certificate from the competent authority of Odisha State during counselling.
25) What is the Refund Rules of Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University ?
- The University shall refund the paid fees as per the following rules :
- If a candidate withdraws his/her admission after the counselling and before the classes starts dates (as notified to the students),the candidate will be refunded all fees paid after deducting the processing fees of ` 1,000/-.
- Any candidate withdrawing his/her admission after commencement of classes, no refund will be made.
- For refund the candidate / parent have to submit a written application addressed to the Director (Admissions), Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University along with the original University registration card. The bank account details (for RTGS) of the candidate only is required to be filled in a form available with the Admission Cell and submit along with the photocopy of the front page of the passbook and the original money receipt fo the all the fees paid.
- The refund information given above is indicative and the University reserved the right to make changes.
26) Is the University NAAC accredited?
SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN UNIVERSITY is a Deemed University declared Under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 (Govt. of India). Accredited by NAAC of University Grants Commission (UGC) with ‘A’ Grade with CGPA 3.35.
27) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
Scholarships will only be available to those who get into Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University are:-
BBA LLB/BA LLB:-
- 60% in both 10th & +2 Exam- Rs. 10,000/- p.a. - (4 years).
28) Will I get a job once I complete my course?
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA) University has an excellent placement cell and a large number of our students get placed in good companies even before they have written their final semester examinations.
29) What are Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA) University rules for attendance?
Attendance : 80% in each semester in each subject.