SRM Graduate Engineering Entrance Test (SRMGEET)-M.Tech (SRMGEET - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
SRMGEET 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
Sri Ramaswamy Memorial (SRM) University conducts SRM Graduate Engineering Entrance Test (SRMGEET)-M.Tech to offer admissions to interested candidates in its M.Tech programs. Even the application form of the exam is available online. This national level engineering entrance exam will be held online.
The valid score in GATE & TANCET will be considered.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Bio Technology
SRMGEET 2016 Conducting Body
SRM University is one of the top ranking universities in India with over 38,000 students and more than 2600 faculty across all the campus, offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health sciences, and Science and Humanities. To emerge as a World - Class University in creating and disseminating knowledge, and providing students a unique learning experience in Science, Technology, Medicine, Management and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the world and betterment of mankind.
SRMGEET Contact Details
|Address||SRM University, SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur - 603203 Kancheepuram District, Tamilnadu, India.|
|Phone no||+91-44 –2741 7400 +91-44 –2741 7400|
1) Tell me about SRM University?
SRM University, established as SRM Engineering College in 1985 got the university status in 2002. The university is located near Chennai with easy access by road, rail and air. This is rated as No. 1 multi-stream university in India and has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), National Assessment and Accrediting Board (NAAC), Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI) and other statutory councils of India. The university, apart from the conventional programs, offers special collaborative programs like Semester Abroad Program (SAP), Twining / Transfer programs, Dual Degree programs in collaboration with reputed foreign universities.
2) Where is SRM?
SRM is near Chennai, Tamil Nadu, around 1/2 hour drive from Chennai airport.
3) How do I get to SRM?
SRM is near Chennai, Tamil Nadu, around 1/2 hour drive from Chennai airport.
4) What are the programs offered by SRM University?
SRM University offers undergraduate, post graduate and Doctoral programs in Engineering, Architecture, Management, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, Science and Humanities, Hotel and Catering Management, Film Technology, etc totaling 95 undergraduate programs, 78 master programs.
5) What is the medium of instruction?
6) Does SRM consider other test scores like GATE?
Yes, Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates and admission of such candidates will be made based on the merit in GATE.
7) When will the application forms be issued?
It is already released Candidates can apply online with e-payment or DD payment.
8) Can you please guide us to do correction in our entered data?
You must ensure correctness of data before final submission. In case of any error, from your dashboard and submit the details of the corrections to be done. We shall effect the corrections and inform the same.
9) What ID proof should be shown in the entrance examination hall (i.e Voter’s ID, Passport, Driving license with photo)?
If you possess a valid admit card with photograph issued by us, there is no need for any other ID proof.
10) What is the eligibility for applying for SRM M.Tech programs?
- Only Indian nationals can apply.
- Candidates must have passed B.E/B.Tech or Masters in the relevant discipline.
- They must have obtained a minimum of 60% in aggregate in the qualifying exam.
Note: Candidate with valid score in GATE/TANCET can also apply and will be considered for admission.
11) I have secured an eligible rank in the M.Tech entrance examination. My aggregate percentage is 59% in B.Tech / qualifying examination. Can I attend counseling?
No. For admission to M.Tech, the eligibility is "minimum aggregate of 60% in the qualifying examination".
12) I am a 2014 passed out student, am I eligible for M.Tech admissions?
13) I have two valid GATE scorecards of GATE 2015 and 2016 for the same paper. Which scorecard shall I submit?
You need to use the scorecard having the higher score.
14) I received GATE scorecard. Am I eligible to apply fo SRM M.Tech?
Having received GATE scorecard does not mean that you have qualified in GATE. Please see the GATE scorecard for details on qualification. Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper. You will not be considered for MIT admission if you do not meet the GATE qualifying marks criterion even though you are allowed to submit the application.
15) Is there any age limit for PG programs?
There is no age limit.
16) Am studying HSC through NIOS, Am I eligible?
Eligible, provided you are a student of Accredited Institution of NIOS.
17) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
No, Candidates pursuing degree examination by part time / correspondence course are not eligible for the course.
18) How to Check SRMGEET exam result?
Candidates can check their SRMGEET result by visiting official website.
19) What are the courses offered in SRM University?
Examine the streams below to determine which engineering concentrations appeal to you:
- Architectural Design
- Automotive Hybrid Systems Engineering
- Big Data Analytics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Cloud Computing
- Communication Systems
- Computer Aided Design
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Electronics and Control Engineering
- Embedded System Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- Food and Nutritional Biotechnology
- Food Safety and Quality Management
- Genetic Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Information Security and Cyber Forensics
- Information Technology
- Internet of Things
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Power Systems
- Remote Sensing and Geographical Information system
- Software Defined Networking
- Solar Energy
- Structural Engineering
- Telecommunication Networks
- VLSI Design
- Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing.
20) Who can sponsor?
Only parents or blood relatives can sponsor.
21) What is the time duration required to complete counseling?
In the normal course, the counseling may take about 6 hours.
22) Is there any facility for us to stay in the campus when we come for counseling?
No, we don't have any facility. You have to make your own arrangement. However, you can stay at the SRM Hotel (Star Category) near the campus. You may contact them for availability of accommodation. The contact details are: Ph: 044-27454249, 27453156 Fax: 44 - 27454250,
23) Should we deposit the original certificates on the day of counseling?
No need to deposit, but you have to produce all original certificates for scrutiny by the University.
24) Is SRM arranging for Educational loan through banks?
SRM University plays the role of a facilitator in this aspect. Number of banks will be available in the counseling venue to process loan application and issue on the- spot in -principle sanctioning letter.
25) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
26) Can parents attend the counseling instead of the candidate?
Candidates must attend the counseling.
27) Is the counseling fee / tuition fee paid refundable in case we withdraw later?
Please see the information under refund published in our web portal.
28) Can the counseling date be rescheduled?
29) Can we pay the counseling fee by cash?
No. All the fees have to be paid online or by DD.
30) What type of hostel accommodation do you provide to students?
SRM provides accommodation in the International Hostel strictly on a first come first serve basis. Two blocks of hostel each of approx. 6615 sq m has a total of 200 rooms, each room having an area of 20 Sq. m. that are meant for girl students Since these rooms are limited in number, the University will provide an option for an accommodation in domestic hostels for the remaining students, subject to the availability of rooms. Independent hostels have been built for men and women, and every hostel is decked up with all necessary amenities for a comfortable stay. Air-conditioned rooms (based on availability) are also offered. Two bedroom apartments available off campus where NRI & International male students will be accommodated on sharing basis. The University has apartment-style accommodation outside the campus for those who can stay in group of 6 or 8 and cook their own food.
31) What about Placement facilities in SRM University?
We have an enviable placement track record. There is a placement cell headed by Director and supported by Placement officers from all campuses and from all faculties. Most of the eligible students are placed in campus selection itself.
32) What is the procedure to withdraw from the program ?
- Before commencement of Classes:
- Application for withdrawal to be submitted online. Original documents of:-
- Provisional Allotment Letter / Enrollment Form and
- Fee Receipt to be sent to Director (Admissions)
- After commencement of Classes:-
- Concerned Faculty Directors are to be contacted.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place