SET (General) (SET (General) - 2013)
How to Prepare
Communication Ability in English, Aptitude and Reasoning, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude
Top officials of big companies
Famous awards and Prizes
Books and Authors
Punch line of companies
Major Corporate news
English Language- Verbal ability is an important part of every MBA exam. Here are the core topics for verbal section are:
Fill In the Blanks
Contextual usage of words
Different usage of same word
Synonym & Antonyms
Foreign language words used in English
Spot the error
One word substitution
Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc.)
Ratios and Proportion
Work and time
Time Distance & Speed
HCF & LCM
Profit & Loss
In-equations Quadratic and linear equations
Reasoning- Prepare the following subjects :
Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
Course of Action
Coding & Decoding
Graphs representing Area
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Aspirants should focus on core quant topics and theory. Try and finish all the topics in the next two months. Thereafter, do not touch new topics or comfortable areas. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Apart question learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on CAT quant syllabus. Here are some core topics that you can expect:
Candidates can safely ignore Trigonometry & Statistics. This topic has a maximum of one to two questions, which are generally easy. Questions related to Data Sufficiency has not been observed so far.
Logical reasoning is comparatively easier than Quant and Data Interpretation in the exam. We can expect a similar pattern in the exam 2016. Questions in LR can range from Decision Making to Verbal Logic.
Verbal ability section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. There’s no different strategy for VA section. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy for exams while preparing for verbal sections, because all the exams have similar syllabus.
While revising GENERAL AWARENESS, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on static topics.
Except for the section on General Awareness, all the other sections of the exam get well covered with a good preparation for CAT. However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed the exam. Some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
Go through the GA Note (Study Material) booklet for stock GK (like history and geography). Also use the GAT papers, each with 50 questions.
Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
Who is who
What is what
Landmarks of history
While preparing for this section, a student should focus on issues related to National & International Events, World Bodies, and Foreign Trade related information.
Finally, practicing past years' question papers as well as Mock Tests of various players are perhaps the best source for preparation. It provides opportunity to plug the loopholes in the preparation of entrance exam and one should give maximum importance to these question papers.
SET (General) 2013 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
SET (General) 2013
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) General is a common written test for the admission processes of undergraduate institutes of Symbiosis International University. SET all organizes different tests for departments like Design, General, Health Science, Law and Engineering. The admission will be carried out through open counseling, in which the candidate has to be physically present on the date of counseling along with his/her original certificates.
Candidate should note that SET is only the first step. Each Symbiosis institute has its independent selection process.
- The test will be conducted in afternoon sessions.
- A candidate may take more than one paper. However, he will have to choose one paper from the morning session and one paper from the afternoon session.
SET (General) 2013 Conducting Body
Symbiosis Entrance Test (General) Conducted by symbiosis international university. Symbiosis International University (SIU) is a private coeducational, multi-institutional university located in Pune, Maharashtra, India. It has been given official recognition by the UGC and the AICTE. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council has conferred an 'A' grade to the university. SIU is part of the Symbiosis Society, which is its managing body. The curriculum developed by the Institute lays a stress both on basics and latest developments. Realizing the fact that faculty is the most important resource, special efforts have been made to find, recruit and retain highly qualified and competent faculty.
SET (General) Contact Details
|Address||Symbiosis International University Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi Dist: Pune - 412115, India|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
SET (General) FAQ
1) How to Register For SET – 2017?
- A candidate can register for one paper from the morning session; viz, Law or Design and one paper from the afternoon session; viz, General or Engineering or Health Sciences Register at www.set-test.org
- This will generate your SET ID.For Engineering and Health Sciences, a candidate need not register for SET if he / she wishes to offer scores of entrance tests other than SET such as JEE(Main).
- Such candidates may apply directly to the preferred institute, this is also applicable for SSCA (Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts) score of NCHMCT-JEE is accepted
- You must to upload your latest scanned photograph (in the required format and size) at the time of online registration.
2) How to pay to Undergraduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University?
You may pay online/offline for admission to an undergraduate institute of the University. The feeis Rs. 1500/- per programme.Candidates have the option of paying through any one of the following five (5) payment
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD:
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH NET BANKING:
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH Paytm:
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH INDIAN BANK NET BANKING:
- DEMAND DRAFT.
3) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
4) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the first week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the SET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
5) I have received the SET ID & Password, what can I use it for?
You can use the SET ID /email and password to fill in the SET application form, view / print the admit card, check MyMail, modify personal details. If you apply to institutes which take SET scores, you should use your SET ID.
6) I could not register online for SET, since the following error message appeared – “Java Script Error”.
Please use Internet Explorer Ver 6.0 or above. Please note that the browsers like Mozilla firefox and Google chrome will also support the application.
7) I am unable to download the e-bulletin.
Your connection may be slow. Please try again.
8) I could not register online for SET, as I am not able to proceed after “I agree” in the terms and conditions page.
- Tools>>InternetOptions>>Security>>Custom Level. Scroll down until you see section labeled ‘Scripting’ Under ‘Active Scripting’,select ‘Enable’ and click OK. ”
- Click refresh and do the registration again.
9) My current address is valid only till March end. Is it possible for me to update and make a change in the address in early April?
Yes, you can modify any set of personal details. You can do this after you have received your SET ID /email and password.
10) I have registered online and sent the DD/Bank counterfoil. What is the next step?
Congratulations on completing the first step to qualify for SET. You must have received an email of SET Payment confirmation after the authentication.
11) I registered online, but sent my DD without mentioning the SET ID. What do I do now?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the DD number, bank on which it was drawn, your name, date of birth, phone number and email id. Mention “sent payment without SET ID ” in the subject line.
12) I filled up the form online and have taken the DD also. I do not have access to a printer to print the payment advice form. What do I do?
You need to fill in your details with your SET ID on a plain white sheet and send the DD along with it.
13) What is the eligibility criteria for SET General ?
- Candidates who have passed or expecting the result of their class 12th can apply for the SET.
- Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks in class 12th by general category students and 45% aggregate marks by SC/ ST.
14) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
15) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator.
16) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12 th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
17) For how long is the SET General score valid?
The SET General score is valid for just one year.
18) What is/are the college/colleges covered for BBA under Set General examination?
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-NOIDA
- Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR].
19) What is the intake capacity of Symbiosis University for BBA ?
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – Pune :-150 Seats
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-NOIDA :- 90 Seats
- Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR]:-
- Indian Students: 240 Seats
- International Students (Including NRI, PIO and OCI students): 60
- Total: 300 Seats.
20) What are the key provisions of Reservation Policy?
As per the UGC guideline 2006, the reservation policy for all the institutes under the University is as follows:
Within the sanctioned intake:-
- SC - 15 %
- ST – 7.5 %
- Differently Abled – 3 %
Over and above the intake
- Kashmir Migrants – 2 seats per programme
- International Students – 15 %
- Defence Quota – 5 % for SLS-PUNE,SICSR and SCMS-Pune.
- Candidate applying for the above mentioned categories will be required to submit the supporting documents at the time of PI-WAT.
- Candidates applying for Defence Quota other than above maintioned three institutes (SLSPune, SICSr and SCMS) will be considered as candidates in OPEN Category.
21) What about campus placement?
The Placement Cell is an integral part of our institute. Our placement cell has been immensely successful in creating and maintaining a good network across top notch companies in all sectors, thereby ensuring opportunities to students for recruitment with promising career options. The students registering for placements undergo extensive training ranging from career guidance to soft-skill building. This enhances students’ confidence thus helping them perform better at the time of recruitments. Since its inception, SCMS-Pune has seen the presence of many successful companies who have offered our students positions in major domains such as human resources, marketing, consultancy, advertising and finance. Some of the companies which periodically visit our campus for the purpose of offering campus recruitments to our students include KPMG, PWC, Zomato, Food Panda, JLL, UPS, Tresvista, IKYA Global, Grofers, Edelwiess, GPW, Iplace, etc. Our alumni through the years have brought laurels to SCMS with their decision making positions in various organizations.
22) Can I directly come for counseling without registering for the First Year admissions?
Registration is a compulsory step for First Year admissions.Without registration,candidate would not be considered for admission process.
23) Are we going to be informed personally about date and time of counseling?
The date and time of counseling will be informed through online, offline advertisements and postings on the website. Please refer to the website.
24) Are parents also required at the time of counseling?
Parents are not required, but one parent can accompany the candidate, if they wish to.
25) If I have some other exam or admission process at some other college, then are the parents allowed to come and confirm the admission?
No, the candidate has to be personally present.
26) What are university rules for attendance?
75% attendance is compulsory for all students pursuing regular courses of study.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place