How to Prepare
UL-SAT 2017 Question Paper Format
UL-SAT 2017 News and Updates
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) conducts UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) for the admission to various law programmes offered by varsity. The candidates can check the detailed selection and counseling process here. Selection Process: - The candidates need to ...Read more
The UPES Legal Studies Aptitude Test or ULSAT is an online test with no pen paper version. Unique Feature of the test - the aspirant can take the test from any convenient location be it their home or a cyber cafe. The student will need to use a computer connected with a web-cam and an Internet connection to take the test .The test will be centrally proctored from the University Control Room through a web-cam to ensure the integrity of the test process is not compromised.
- B.A., LL.B (Hons.) with Specialization in Energy Laws*(5 Years)
BBA., LL.B (Hons.) with Specialization in Corporate Laws*
B.Com., LL.B (Hons.) with Specialization in Taxation Laws*
B.A., LL.B (Hons.) with Specialization Criminal Law /
Labor Law / Constitution Law*
BBA., LL.B (Hons.)with Specialization in International Trade & Investment/Banking, Finance & Insurance/Media & Entertainment Law*
B.Sc., LL.B (Hons) with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights/Medical Law/Health Law/food Law/Forensic Law**
B.Tech., LL.B (Hons) Computer Science Engineering with specialization in Cyber Laws/IPR*
UL-SAT 2017 Conducting Body
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) was established in the year 2003 through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand. With an ambitious vision and unique approach, UPES emerged as an innovative institution offering industry-focused specialized graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs in key areas such as Energy, Infrastructure, Transportation, Information Technology and Legal Process.
UL-SAT Contact Details
|Address||UPES Campus, P.O. Bidholi, Via Prem Nagar, Dehradun - 248 007 (Uttarakhand) .|
|Phone no||09557899090, 08410080040, 0135-2102549|
1) Where are the forms available?
Forms are available online and at Enrollment offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Dehradun campus and booksellers.
2) How many exam centers are there for UL-SAT?
All over India, there are 41 exam centers.
3) Is application fee refundable?
Application form fee is not refundable.
4) How was UPES sponsored ?
UPES is sponsored by Hydrocarbons Education & Research Society (HERS) which is registered under the “Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860” (Registration No. S-41894 of 2002). HERS is a not-for-profit society promoted by a group of prominent professionals from the Industry.
5) How has the University been created? Does it belong to the Uttarakhand State Govt./MoPNG/Oil Companies ?
UPES has been created under an Act of Uttarakhand State Legislature notified vide Government of Uttarakhand Notification No. 830/Higher Education/2003-3(18)/2003 dated September 1, 2003. However, the Governor of Uttarakhand is the Visitor of the University and the Principal Secretary, Higher Education; Govt. of Uttarakhand is the “Representative” of the State Government on various Boards of the university.
6) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
7) Can I change exam centre mentioned in my admit card?
No, the exam centre cannot be changed.
8) I have lost my admit card and the window to download it has closed. From where can I download it now?
Once the portal to download it is closed, candidates will not be able to avail it.
9) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
10) Can we shift the pathway?
No. In some special case, it can be considered.
11) From when will the UL-SAT admit cards be available for download?
Admit cards will be available for download from Second week of May onwards from UPES website.
12) What is the eligibility for applying for UL-SAT ?
Minimum 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit:
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons)- Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLAT AIR ranking upto 5000/ L-SAT India Percentile of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For B. Tech LLB (Hons.) Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th), minimum 50% Marks in PCM at Senior Secondary Level (12th) and CLAT AIR ranking upto 5000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES-EAT and admissions through Merit Ranking.
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons)/B.Sc LLB (Hons)- Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For B.Tech LLB (Hons.) Candidates with minimum 70% marks in 10th, 12th and 12th PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) are exempted from UPES-EAT and admissions will be through Merit Ranking.
- Upto 20% seats shall be filled through Board Merit/CLAT AIR/ L-SAT India Category. In case, any seat remaining vacant UPES has the right to fill such seats through UPES Entrance Exam.
13) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
14) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator.
15) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
16) Which academic stream in my XII standard (or equivalent) should I have studied in to be eligible for the UL-SAT examination?
Students from any academic stream (e.g. science, arts & humanities, commerce etc.) in their XII standard (or equivalent), are eligible to apply for UL-SAT.
17) For how long is the UL-SAT score valid?
The UL-SAT score is valid for just one year.
18) Where are UPES courses offered?
The University courses are offered at Dehradun (Uttarakhand).
19) What are the specializations offered at COLLEGE OF LEGAL STUDIES in LAW ?
Following are the Specialization
- B.A., LL.B (Hons.) with Specialization in Energy Laws*(5 Years)
- BBA., LL.B (Hons.) with Specialization in Corporate Laws*
- B.Com., LL.B (Hons.) with Specialization in Taxation Laws*
- B.A., LL.B (Hons.) with Specialization Criminal Law /
- Labor Law / Constitution Law*
- BBA., LL.B (Hons.)with Specialization in International Trade & Investment/Banking, Finance & Insurance/Media & Entertainment Law*
- B.Sc., LL.B (Hons) with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights/Medical Law/Health Law/food Law/Forensic Law**
- B.Tech., LL.B (Hons) Computer Science Engineering with specialization in Cyber Laws/IPR*.
20) Will I get a bank loan to pursue my education at UPES? Is UPES has any tie-up with nationalized / private bank?
For the convenience and benefit of the prospective students of UPES, a formal tie-up is in place with India leading nationalized bank, State Bank of India & Oriental Bank of Commerce. The student can cover all his/her expenses e.g. Course Fee, Hostel etc., while applying for loan.
21) Has UPES been approved by AICTE? Is there any such requirement?
Under the AICTE Act and its subsequent Regulations, Universities established under a State or Central Act in accordance with Section 2(f) and 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, do not require AICTE approval. However, the Universities are only required to maintain AICTE norms and standards and require no prior approval of AICTE for starting Technical & Professional courses.
This has also been clarified by the Hon’ble Supreme Court’s judgment in the case of Bharathidasan University v/s AICTE wherein the Court had ruled that:
“it is not mandatory for a University, created under an Act, to seek & secure prior approval of the AICTE to start a department for imparting a course or program in technical education or a technical institution as an adjunct to the University itself to conduct technical courses of its choice & selection. The Bench also said that the definition of technical institution excludes from its purview a university, and when by definition a university is excluded from a technical institution, to interpret that such a clause or such an expression, wherever the expression technical institution occurs, will include a university will be reading into the Act what is not provided therein”.
22) Is the University receiving financial assistance from any other sources?
UPES is a self funded University and does not receive any grant or financial assistance from the Uttarakhand State Government. The University is also not entitled to receive any financial assistance or grants from UGC or any other source funded by the Government of India.
23) Will the degree awarded by UPES carry emblem of UGC or any other body?
The degrees awarded by the University do not bear the emblem of either UGC or any other body.
24) What is UPES placement track record? Does a public sector company insist on AICTE approval?
The University has excellent placement track. The campus placements since inception have ranged between 75% to 98.3%. For details, visit http://upes.ac.in/placement.asp As explained under Q23, the Universities do not require AICTE approval for starting technical courses. Generally, the Industry goes by the reputation and credibility of UPES while making campus recruitment.
25) What is the fee structure of the UPES School of Design Studies (Sods) for B.Desgin course?
The fee B.Desgin for the course is Rs. 12,95,000/- (for all 8 semseter(4 years)) .
26) Placements are done only through campus? Do these companies follow their normal recruitment process or have a specially designed format for UPES?
Yes, placements are done through campus recruitment. The recruiting companies for campus placements follow their standard selection procedures.