How to Prepare
UOHyd-M.A. 2018 Question Paper Format
University of Hyderabad is known as UOHyd . Candidates seeking admission to M.A. programmes of University of Hyderabad are required to appear for University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam- M.A. to be held at various centres in Hyderabad and other parts of India. Admission is based on the rank obtained in the entrance test.
M.A. Course Offered:
- Applied Linguistics
- Comparative Literature
- Political Science
UOHyd-M.A. 2018 Conducting Body
The university of Hyderabad conducted University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam- M.A. in Comm. The University of Hyderabad, a premier institution of postgraduate teaching and research in the country, was established by an Act of Parliament (Act No. 39 of1974) on 2nd October 1974 as a Central University, wholly funded by the University Grants Commission. The University’s scenic and serene campus is spread over a vast stretch of land measuring about 2,000 acres, 20 km from the city of Hyderabad on the old Hyderabad-Bombay road. Amidst the picturesque environment of the campus, several buildings catering to the academic needs, support facilities and residential requirements of the campus community have been constructed over the years. The University also has a city campus ‘The Golden Threshold’ the residence of the late Sarojini Naidu which was bequeathed to the University by her daughter, the late Padmaja Naidu.
UOHyd-M.A. Contact Details
|Address||The University of Hyderabad Prof. C. R. Rao Road, P.O. Central University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 046, Telangana, (India).|
|Phone no||23132102, 23132103|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
1) What are the courses/programmes offered by UoH?
UoH offers Post-graduate and Research courses in Mathematics and Computer/Information Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Engineering Science and Technology, Arts and Communication, Humanities, Social Sciences, Management.
2) Once I apply what will happen?
All the applications shall be scrutinized by an Admissions Committee of the School/Department/Centre concerned. The recommendation of the Admissions Committee is forwarded to the Vice-Chancellor for approval. Intimation of admission is sent to the selected candidates by the Office of International Affairs, University of Hyderabad.
3) How to apply, from where do I get the application?
- Application form has to be submitted online.
- Prospectus-cum-application form can be downloaded from the website.
- Before applying online, applicant will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature.
4) Where is UoH?
The University is situated in Gachibowli area on the old Hyderabad-Bombay road. It is 35 km from the Shamshabad Airport, 26km from Secunderabad Railway Station and 20 km from Hyderabad Railway Station.
5) What are the criteria for selection?
The students will have to appear for an entrance test. Those who are selected after the screening in entrance test will be called for an interview.
6) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in last week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the Uoh website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
7) Is programme fee refundable?
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. It is also not adjustable against any other programme of this university. However, in case where University denies admission, the programme fee will be refunded after deduction of registration fee through a/c payee cheque only.
8) I’ve lost my admit card . What should I do now?
You won’t be allowed to proceed for the process of document verification without admit card, so download your duplicate admit card from the official web page If you find any difficulty then contact Document Verification (DV) Center & Choice Locking Center (CC) Center In-charge.
9) What are the eligibility criteria for M.A?
Bachelor's degree in any subject/s with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
10) Whether the final year students of Bachelor degree can apply?
Provisional Admission may be given subject to successful completion of the Bachelor degree examination obtaining minimum 50% marks.
11) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc.?
Yes, Examination Centre will provide. But no electronic devices are allowed in Examination Hall/Room.
12) Whether I will be eligible to apply for the programme, if I have done my graduation through correspondence?
No,you are not allowed.
13) Do students with a year’s gap face disadvantages?
No. All you need are the necessary documents. There is no age limit.
14) My university has awarded me First class but my aggregate percentage of marks or CGPA as per University of Hyderabad norm is less than 45% or 4.25 (on a 10 point scale). I belong to General/OBC category. Am I eligible to apply?
Unfortunately,you are not allowed for entrance test.
15) If I have secured more than 50% marks in my previous years but unable to manage 50% marks in aggregate after final year result. In this case, may I be allowed to pursue M.A program?
No. Minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, are compulsory in graduation/post graduation to pursue M.A program.
16) For how long is the UOHyd-M.P.A score valid?
The UOHyd-M.P.A valid for just one year.
17) What are the M.A Specializations?
MA. programme offers the following streams of specialization:
- Applied Linguistics
- Comparative Literature
- Political Science
- English Language Studies
- Financial Economics.
18) Do all students get hostel facilities?
Yes,If requested, hostel accommodation may be provided at various Men’s and Ladies Hostels of the University campus, subject to availability, as per UoH norms.
19) What is the intake capacity of University of Hyderabad?
505 seats are filled up every year in the First year of M.A Course.
Distribution is here:-
- English :- 45
- Applied Linguistics:-23
- Comparative Literature:-15
- English Language Studies:-15
- Political Science:-52
- Financial Economics:-30
20) What if the student needs additional academic help?
The students will have tutorials that provide academic reinforcement.
21) What is the total number of seats for foreign nationals?
Students will be admitted over and above the approved intake in a course up to a maximum of 15% of the approved intake in each course. All the available seats may not be filled in a particular year if a subject's Admission Committee does not recommend anyone or if a program has inadequate infrastructure.
22) What medical facilities are available to students admitted?
All the prospective students are required to buy an appropriate health insurance policy before admission. It is essential that the students' health insurance policy remains valid throughout the period of the students' stay in the University. However, primary health care facility is available, free of cost, at the UoH Health Centre.
23) Who should I contact for details regarding admission?
A Candidate selected for admission is required to report to the Personal Assistant, Office Affairs of the University with the following documents, in original, along with one photocopy of each document. Certified English translation of such copies should also be submitted, if they are in a different language.
24) When do the Placements start?
Rolling Placements normally start in the second week of December every year. While a few international companies start coming in from November onwards, the final offers are made/decided only in the second week of January (Rolling Placement Start Day).
25) Is the University NAAC accredited?
The University opted for a rigorous evaluation by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of the University Grants Commission. The apex Council of NAAC awarded the top grade to the University.
The University has gone through the re-accreditation process of the NAAC and the NAAC has awarded a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.89 on 4.0 scale at ‘A’ grade.