How to Prepare
UOHyd-M.Sc(5 year integrated) 2018 Question Paper Format
UOHyd-M.Sc(5 year integrated) 2018
University of Hyderabad is known as UOHyd. Candidates seeking admission to M.Sc(5 years integrated) programs of University of Hyderabad are required to appear for University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam- M.Sc(5 years integrated) Test to be held at various centers in Hyderabad and other parts of India. Admission is based on the rank obtained in the entrance test.
Course Offered-M.Sc. Courses (5-year Integrated )
- Mathematical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Systems Biology
- Optometry & Vision Sciences
- Health Psychology
- Earth Sciences
UOHyd-M.Sc(5 year integrated) 2018 Conducting Body
The university of Hyderabad conducted University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam- M.Sc(5 years integrated) Test. The University of Hyderabad, a premier institution of postgraduate teaching and research in the country, was established by an Act of Parliament (Act No. 39 of1974) on 2nd October 1974 as a Central University, wholly funded by the University Grants Commission. The University’s scenic and serene campus is spread over a vast stretch of land measuring about 2,000 acres, 20 km from the city of Hyderabad on the old Hyderabad-Bombay road. Amidst the picturesque environment of the campus, several buildings catering to the academic needs, support facilities and residential requirements of the campus community have been constructed over the years. The University also has a city campus ‘The Golden Threshold’ the residence of the late Sarojini Naidu which was bequeathed to the University by her daughter, the late Padmaja Naidu.
UOHyd-M.Sc(5 year integrated) Contact Details
|Address||The University of Hyderabad Prof. C. R. Rao Road, P.O. Central University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 046, Telangana, (India).|
|Phone no||23132102, 23132103|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
UOHyd-M.Sc(5 year integrated) FAQ
1) What are the criteria for selection?
The students will have to appear for an entrance test. Those who are selected after the screening in entrance test will be called for an interview.
2) What are the courses/programmes offered by UoH?
UoH offers Post-graduate and Research courses in Mathematics and Computer/Information Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Engineering Science and Technology, Arts and Communication, Humanities, Social Sciences, Management.
3) How to apply, from where do I get the application?
- Application form has to be submitted online.
- Prospectus-cum-application form can be downloaded from the website.
- Before applying online, applicant will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature.
4) Where is UoH?
The University is situated in Gachibowli area on the old Hyderabad-Bombay road. It is 35 km from the Shamshabad Airport, 26km from Secunderabad Railway Station and 20 km from Hyderabad Railway Station.
5) Once I apply what will happen?
All the applications shall be scrutinized by an Admissions Committee of the School/Department/Centre concerned. The recommendation of the Admissions Committee is forwarded to the Vice-Chancellor for approval. Intimation of admission is sent to the selected candidates by the Office of International Affairs, University of Hyderabad.
6) Is programme fee refundable?
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. It is also not adjustable against any other programme of this university. However, in case where University denies admission, the programme fee will be refunded after deduction of registration fee through a/c payee cheque only.
7) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in last week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the Uoh website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
8) I’ve lost my admit card . What should I do now?
You won’t be allowed to proceed for the process of document verification without admit card, so download your duplicate admit card from the official web page If you find any difficulty then contact Document Verification (DV) Center & Choice Locking Center (CC) Center In-charge.
9) What are the eligibility criteria for Integrated M.Sc?
- M.Sc.(5-Year Integrated) inMathematical/Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physics/ Systems Biology/ Earth Sciences:-With a minimum of 60% marks at +2 level of education (Intermediate/CBSE/ICSE/HSC equivalent) with Science subjects
- Note: The candidates who hold KVPY fellowship, Science Olympiad (those who have at least attended the training programs conducted by the Homi Bhabha Centre, Mumbai), IIT - JEE (Advanced list) qualified candidates and first rank holders of different State/Central Boards at +2 level may seek exemption from the written test. In such cases, they would be awarded the equivalent of the average of the first 74 students from the university written test by the number of students to be admitted (as per approved intake). They have the option of writing the exam to improve their position.
- M.Sc.(5-Year Integrated) in Health Psychology:-With a minimum of 60% marks at +2 level of education or equivalent (Intermediate/ CBSE/ ICSE/ 2.00 p.m. HSC or equivalent) in Arts and Sciences
- M.Sc.(5-Year Integrated) in Optometry and Vision Sciences :-With a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Intermediate/CBSE/ICSE/HSC or equivalent Board 10.00 a.m. Examination with Science subjects.
10) In order to appear for the entrance test, will a student have to take prior admission in any course of the University of Hyderabad?
No, any student who has passed his/her 10 + 2 level examination or whose result is awaited can apply online to appear for the written entrance test.
11) I have passed my class 12th exam before 2017. Am I eligible to apply?
Yes students who have passed their 10 + 2 level examinations before 2017 and satisfy the eligibility conditions can apply for this course.
12) I have completed my 10th/12th standard from CBSE Board. Do I need to enter marks mentioned on Mark list?
As per University of Hyderabad Criteria you have to mention Aggregate percentage of marks for all subjects irrespective of your Board regulations.
13) I am doing a 3 year Diploma course after 10th. Am I eligible for the UOHyd-M.Sc(5 year integrated) courses?
No ,You are not allowed for UOHyd-M.Sc(5 year integrated) courses.
14) If the student fails in class 12th but passes it in the next year with a good pecentage then is he eligible for Integrated M.Sc. ?
Yes, subject to fulfilling of eligibility criteria.
15) Use of calculator is allowed in the UOHyd-Integrated M.Sc examination?
No, use of calculator, mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets is strictly prohibited.
16) For how long is the UOHyd-Integrated M.Sc score valid?
The UOHyd-Integrated M.Sc score is valid for just one year.
17) What are the branches/ courses offered in University of Hyderabad?
Here is a list of courses offered in UOHyd:
- I M.Sc Mathematics
- I M.Sc Physics
- I M.Sc. Chemical Sciences
- I M.Sc. Systems Biology
- I M.Sc. Optometry & Vision Sciences
- I M.Sc. Earth Sciences
- I M.Sc. Health Psychology.
18) What is the fee structure for the programs at University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam-Integrated M.Sc?
- (5-year Integrated)(Sciences/ Earth Sciences/Health Psychology) :- Rs 6270 /-
- (5 –Year Int. M.Sc. in Optometry & Vision Sciences) :- Rs 20535/-
19) What is the total number of seats for foreign nationals?
Students will be admitted over and above the approved intake in a course up to a maximum of 15% of the approved intake in each course. All the available seats may not be filled in a particular year if a subject's Admission Committee does not recommend anyone or if a program has inadequate infrastructure.
20) What medical facilities are available to students admitted?
All the prospective students are required to buy an appropriate health insurance policy before admission. It is essential that the students' health insurance policy remains valid throughout the period of the students' stay in the University. However, primary health care facility is available, free of cost, at the UoH Health Centre.
21) Who should I contact for details regarding admission?
A Candidate selected for admission is required to report to the Personal Assistant, Office Affairs of the University with the following documents, in original, along with one photocopy of each document. Certified English translation of such copies should also be submitted, if they are in a different language.
22) Is the University NAAC accredited?
The University opted for a rigorous evaluation by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of the University Grants Commission. The apex Council of NAAC awarded the top grade to the University.
The University has gone through the re-accreditation process of the NAAC and the NAAC has awarded a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.89 on 4.0 scale at ‘A’ grade.
23) Do all students get hostel facilities?
Yes,If requested, hostel accommodation may be provided at various Men’s and Ladies Hostels of the University campus, subject to availability, as per UoH norms.
24) When do the Placements start?
Rolling Placements normally start in the second week of December every year. While a few international companies start coming in from November onwards, the final offers are made/decided only in the second week of January (Rolling Placement Start Day).
25) What are university rules for attendance?
75% attendance is compulsory for all students pursuing regular courses of study.