University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam-M.Tech Bioinformatics (UOHyd-M.Tech Bioinformatics - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of M.Tech Bioinformatics. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of M.Tech Bioinformatics, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
|Step 1||Create Login ID|
|Step 2||Complete the Application Form|
|Step 3||Upload Document|
UOHyd-M.Tech Bioinformatics 2017 Question Paper Format
UOHyd-M.Tech Bioinformatics 2017 News and Updates
University of Hyderabad conducts entrance exam for the admission to Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Bioinformatics. The detailed selection and counseling process are given below. Selection Process: - The candidates will be selected as per the score they secure in national level entrance ...Read more
UOHyd-M.Tech Bioinformatics 2017
University of Hyderabad is known as UOHyd. Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech Bioinformatics programmes of University of Hyderabad are required to appear for University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam-M.Tech (integrated Bioinformatics) Test to be held at various centres in Hyderabad. Admission is based on the rank obtained in the entrance test.
Note: Admission shall be through an entrance examination and interview. Admission in M.Tech. Bioinformatics is also based on the percentile score obtained in GATE examination GATE qualified candidates may attend the interview based on their GATE qualification although they can also write the entrance examination to enhance their scores. The GATE qualified candidates will be given weightage, for the purpose of calling for interview, and such weightage will be determined on the basis of a dynamic cut-off evolved in accordance with the performance of all the participants of the entrance examination.
UOHyd-M.Tech Bioinformatics 2017 Conducting Body
University of Hyderabad conducted University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam-M.Sc (5 year integrated) Test. The University of Hyderabad, a premier institution of postgraduate teaching and research in the country, was established by an Act of Parliament (Act No. 39 of 1974) on 2nd October, 1974 as a Central University, wholly funded by the University Grants Commission.The University’s scenic and serene campus is spread over a vast stretch of land measuring about 2,000 acres, 20 kms from the city of Hyderabad on the old Hyderabad-Bombay road. Amidst the picturesque environment of the campus, several buildings catering to the academic needs, support facilities and residential requirements of the campus community have been constructed over the years. The University also has a city campus ‘The Golden Threshold’ the residence of the late Sarojini Naidu which was bequeathed to the University by her daughter, the late Padmaja Naidu.
UOHyd-M.Tech Bioinformatics Contact Details
|Address||The University of Hyderabad Prof. C. R. Rao Road, P.O. Central University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 046, Telangana, (India).|
|Phone no||23132102, 23132103|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
UOHyd-M.Tech Bioinformatics FAQ
1) Where is UoH?
The University is situated in Gachibowli area on the old Hyderabad-Bombay road. It is 35 km from the Shamshabad Airport, 26km from Secunderabad Railway Station and 20 km from Hyderabad Railway Station.
2) What are the courses/programmes offered by UoH?
UoH offers Post-graduate and Research courses in Mathematics and Computer/Information Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Engineering Science and Technology, Arts and Communication, Humanities, Social Sciences, Management.
3) How to apply, from where do I get the application?
- Application form has to be submitted online.
- Prospectus-cum-application form can be downloaded from the website.
- Before applying online, applicant will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature.
4) What are the criteria for selection?
The students will have to appear for an entrance test. Those who are selected after the screening in entrance test will be called for an interview.
5) What are the documents required to be submitted along with the application?
Participants should upload all scanned copy of their Documents in required size and format. Documents may include Passport size photograph, Community/Caste Certificate (only if the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST), Educational Documents, Identity Proof, Domicile Certificate(if applicable) and other supporting documents as mentioned.
6) Once I apply what will happen?
All the applications shall be scrutinized by an Admissions Committee of the School/Department/Centre concerned. The recommendation of the Admissions Committee is forwarded to the Vice-Chancellor for approval. Intimation of admission is sent to the selected candidates by the Office of International Affairs, University of Hyderabad.
7) Is programme fee refundable?
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. It is also not adjustable against any other programme of this university. However, in case where University denies admission, the programme fee will be refunded after deduction of registration fee through a/c payee cheque only.
8) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in last week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the Uoh website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
9) I’ve lost my admit card . What should I do now?
You won’t be allowed to proceed for the process of document verification without admit card, so download your duplicate admit card from the official web page If you find any difficulty then contact Document Verification (DV) Center & Choice Locking Center (CC) Center In-charge.
10) What are the eligibility criteria for M.Tech Bioinformatics Program?
- Second class Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in Biological or Agricultural sciences or Physical or Chemical Sciences or Statistics or Mathematics or Computer Sciences or B. Pharmacy or B. Tech with a minimum of 60% marks.
- GATE qualified candidates may attend the interview based on their GATE qualification although they can also write the entrance examination to enhance their scores. The GATE qualified candidates will be given weightage, for the purpose of calling for interview, and such weightage will be determined on the basis of a dynamic cut-off evolved in accordance with the performance of all the participants of the entrance examination.
- GATE in the following subjects will be considered: Biotechnology-BT, Chemistry-CY,Mathematics-MA, Physics-PH, Agricultural Engineering-AG, Electronics & Communication Engineering-EC, Compouter Science and Information Technology-CS, Chemical Engineering-CH.
Note: GATE Fellowship is subject to the approval of AICTE. University has submitted the application to AICTE for course approval.
11) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
12) I am doing final semester B.Tech course. Whether I am eligible to apply for (M.Tech.Bioinformatics ) course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with 50% marks altogether.
13) What is the duration of these (M.Tech.Bioinformatics ) courses?
All courses are full time two years (Four semesters) program.
14) I have two valid GATE scorecards of GATE 2015 and 2016 for the same paper. Which scorecard shall I submit?
You need to use the scorecard having the higher score.
15) I received GATE scorecard. Am I eligible to apply fo UoH (M.Tech.Bioinformatics ).)?
Having received GATE scorecard does not mean that you have qualified in GATE. Please see the GATE scorecard for details on qualification. Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper. You will not be considered for UoH admission if you do not meet the GATE qualifying marks criterion even though you are allowed to submit the application.
16) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
No, Candidates pursuing degree examination by part time / correspondence course are not eligible for the course.
17) For how long is the UoH (M.Tech Bioinformatics ) score valid?
The UoH (M.Tech Bioinformatics ) score is valid for just one year.
18) What if the student needs additional academic help?
The students will have tutorials that provide academic reinforcement.
19) What is the fee structure for the programs at University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam-M.Tech Bioinformatics?
University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam M.Tech Bioinformatics Course Fee: Rs.21,380.
20) What medical facilities are available to students admitted?
All the prospective students are required to buy an appropriate health insurance policy before admission. It is essential that the students' health insurance policy remains valid throughout the period of the students' stay in the University. However, primary health care facility is available, free of cost, at the UoH Health Centre.
21) Who should I contact for details regarding admission?
A Candidate selected for admission is required to report to the Personal Assistant, Office Affairs of the University with the following documents, in original, along with one photocopy of each document. Certified English translation of such copies should also be submitted, if they are in a different language.
22) Is the University NAAC accredited?
The University opted for a rigorous evaluation by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of the University Grants Commission. The apex Council of NAAC awarded the top grade to the University.
The University has gone through the re-accreditation process of the NAAC and the NAAC has awarded a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.89 on 4.0 scale at ‘A’ grade.
23) Do all students get hostel facilities?
If requested, hostel accommodation may be provided at various Men’s and Ladies Hostels of the University campus, subject to availability, as per UoH norms.
24) When do the Placements start?
Rolling Placements normally start in the second week of December every year. While a few international companies start coming in from November onwards, the final offers are made/decided only in the second week of January (Rolling Placement Start Day).
25) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
26) What is the total number of seats for foreign nationals?
Students will be admitted over and above the approved intake in a course up to a maximum of 15% of the approved intake in each course. All the available seats may not be filled in a particular year if a subject's Admission Committee does not recommend anyone or if a program has inadequate infrastructure.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place