UPES-DAT Online Test-B.Des (UPES-DAT Online Test-B.Des - 2016)
How to Prepare
Since it is an Architecture exam you need to be creative and artistic. Learn and practice how to sketch a 3D picture on a 2D medium.
An Architect should explore and try to learn from everything. You never know where you can find a beautiful building and at times even an ugly building can be an inspiration. Learn not to make the mistakes that architect made. If you follow the above rules, a road to success is clear for you.
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Solve Previous years’ papers
Solving previous years’ papers will provide you the idea of not only the type of questions but also the level of difficulty. This will also give you the opportunity to practice a lot.
Get it checked
Seeking help from knowledgeable persons is not a bad idea. Unless someone shows you your weak areas by pointing out the mistakes, practicing will only make you perfect in doing wrong things.
UPES-DAT Online Test-B.Des 2016
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Dehradun conducts B. Des entrance exam, UPES-DAT Online Test popularly known as UPES B. Des for admission in the Bachalor in Designing. UPES- B. Des is a national level entrance exam conducted by the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun.
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) in Industrial Design
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) with Transportation Design
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) in Digital Design*
UPES-DAT Online Test-B.Des 2016 Conducting Body
UPES- B. Des is a national level entrance exam conducted by the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun. B. Des programs offered by UPES School of Design Studies (Sods) are focused on creating industry ready professionals. Advanced teaching methodologies, innovative and updated curricula and the focus on 'on-the-job exposure' gives students the edge to be readily deployable in their chosen field.
UPES-DAT Online Test-B.Des Contact Details
|Address||UPES Campus, P.O. Bidholi, Via Prem Nagar, Dehradun - 248 007 (Uttarakhand)|
|Phone no||09557899090, 08410080040, 0135-2102549|
UPES-DAT Online Test-B.Des FAQ
1) How was UPES sponsored ?
UPES is sponsored by Hydrocarbons Education & Research Society (HERS) which is registered under the “Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860” (Registration No. S-41894 of 2002). HERS is a not-for-profit society promoted by a group of prominent professionals from the Industry.
2) How has the University been created? Does it belong to the Uttarakhand State Govt./MoPNG/Oil Companies ?
UPES has been created under an Act of Uttarakhand State Legislature notified vide Government of Uttarakhand Notification No. 830/Higher Education/2003-3(18)/2003 dated September 1, 2003. However, the Governor of Uttarakhand is the Visitor of the University and the Principal Secretary, Higher Education; Govt. of Uttarakhand is the “Representative” of the State Government on various Boards of the university.
3) Where are the forms available?
Forms are available online and at Enrollment offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Dehradun campus and booksellers.
4) How many exam centers are there for UPESDAT?
All over India, there are 41 exam centers.
5) Is application fee refundable?
Application form fee is not refundable.
6) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
7) Can we shift the pathway?
No. In some special case, it can be considered.
8) From when will the UPESDAT admit cards be available for download?
Admit cards will be available for download from Second week of May onwards from UPES website.
9) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
10) Can I change exam centre mentioned in my admit card?
No, the exam centre cannot be changed.
11) I have lost my admit card and the window to download it has closed. From where can I download it now?
Once the portal to download it is closed, candidates will not be able to avail it.
12) What is the eligibility for applying for UPES-DAT Online Test-B.Des programs?
For Examination Pathway:
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and valid UPESDAT Score
For Non Examination Pathway:
- Board Merit: Minimum 65% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
- JEE Mains/UCEED Merit: Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
13) Which academic stream in my XII standard (or equivalent) should I have studied in to be eligible for the UPES-DAT examination?
Students from any academic stream (e.g. science, arts & humanities, commerce etc.) in their XII standard (or equivalent), are eligible to apply for UPES-DAT.
14) Is it necessary to have 10+2 studies in science stream for doing Bachelor of Design Course?
Not at all. The Candidate from any stream of 10+2/higher secondary education can do the Bachelor of Design Course.
15) I have completed 10+2. What are the courses that I can do in Bachelor of Design?
UPES School of Design Studies (Sods) is offering Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design/ Transportation Design/ Digital Design . The duration of Industrial Design/ Transportation Design/ Digital Design is 4 years. The eligibility for the both courses is a Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and valid UPESDAT Score.
16) Are drawing skills mandatory to join B.Desgin course?
No, our course curriculum is designed in a manner where we start teaching from the basic dot line drawing and in the last semester, expose the students to specialized fields also.
17) I am from the non-science stream in my XII. Will I be able to cope with the course?
If you are good enough to qualify in UPES-DAT and make it to the B. Des. selection list, coping with B. Des. will not be a problem for you.
18) For how long is the UPES-DAT Online Test-B.Des score valid?
The UPES-DAT Online Test-B.Des score is valid for just one year.
19) Where are UPES courses offered?
The University courses are offered at Dehradun (Uttarakhand).
20) What are the specializations offered at UPES School of Design Studies (Sods) in B.Desgin ?
Following are the Specialization
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) in Industrial Design
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) with Transportation Design
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) in Digital Design*.
21) Has UPES been approved by AICTE? Is there any such requirement?
Under the AICTE Act and its subsequent Regulations, Universities established under a State or Central Act in accordance with Section 2(f) and 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, do not require AICTE approval. However, the Universities are only required to maintain AICTE norms and standards and require no prior approval of AICTE for starting Technical & Professional courses.
This has also been clarified by the Hon’ble Supreme Court’s judgment in the case of Bharathidasan University v/s AICTE wherein the Court had ruled that:
“it is not mandatory for a University, created under an Act, to seek & secure prior approval of the AICTE to start a department for imparting a course or program in technical education or a technical institution as an adjunct to the University itself to conduct technical courses of its choice & selection. The Bench also said that the definition of technical institution excludes from its purview a university, and when by definition a university is excluded from a technical institution, to interpret that such a clause or such an expression, wherever the expression technical institution occurs, will include a university will be reading into the Act what is not provided therein”.
22) Is the University receiving financial assistance from any other sources?
UPES is a self funded University and does not receive any grant or financial assistance from the Uttarakhand State Government. The University is also not entitled to receive any financial assistance or grants from UGC or any other source funded by the Government of India.
23) Will the degree awarded by UPES carry emblem of UGC or any other body?
The degrees awarded by the University do not bear the emblem of either UGC or any other body.
24) What is UPES placement track record? Does a public sector company insist on AICTE approval?
The University has excellent placement track. The campus placements since inception have ranged between 75% to 98.3%. For details, visit http://upes.ac.in/placement.asp As explained under Q23, the Universities do not require AICTE approval for starting technical courses. Generally, the Industry goes by the reputation and credibility of UPES while making campus recruitment.
25) What is the fee structure of the UPES School of Design Studies (Sods) for B.Desgin course?
The fee B.Desgin for the course is Rs. 12,95,000/- (for all 8 semseter(4 years)) .
26) Placements are done only through campus? Do these companies follow their normal recruitment process or have a specially designed format for UPES?
Yes, placements are done through campus recruitment. The recruiting companies for campus placements follow their standard selection procedures.
27) Will I get a bank loan to pursue my education at UPES? Is UPES has any tie-up with nationalized / private bank?
For the convenience and benefit of the prospective students of UPES, a formal tie-up is in place with India leading nationalized bank, State Bank of India & Oriental Bank of Commerce. The student can cover all his/her expenses e.g. Course Fee, Hostel etc., while applying for loan.
28) Are there any RESERVATIONS/ QUOTA of seats for seeking admission at UPES ?
No Reservations/ quota exist for taking admissions to any course at UPES.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place