Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The CAT 2021 exam was held on November 28, 2021, in 3 shifts in 159 test cities across India. The CAT 2021 question paper has 3 sections i.e. VARC, DILR, and QA. The number of questions in VARC was 24 for all 3 slots. Candidates can check the detailed analysis of the VARC section in the CAT 2021 question paper here. The VARC analysis for Slot 1, Slot 2, and Slot 3 of CAT 2021 will be updated here based on student reactions from the exam centres.
|CAT 2021 Score vs Percentile||CAT 2021 Expected Cut Off - Check the CAT Cutoffs for IIMs Here|
|CAT 2021 Answer Key Expected Date||CAT 2021 Response Sheet Expected Date|
|CAT 2021 Result Expected Date|
ColleegDeko will bring you the latest updates and question paper analysis of the CAT 2021 exam.
CAT 2021 VARC Section Overall Highlights - Slot 1, 2 and 3
Given below are the highlights of the CAT 2021 Slot 1, 2 and 3 VARC section
|No. of questions in VARC||24 for Slot 1, 2 and 3|
|No. of Questions in VA||8 for Slot 1, 2 and 3|
|No. of Questions in RC||16 for Slot 1, 2 and 3|
|CAT 2021 VARC difficulty level||Moderate (Slot 1), Easy (Slot 2), Easy (Slot 3)|
|CAT 2021 VARC important topics||Para jumble, Para summary, Odd one, Fact-based|
|No. of Good attempts in CAT 2021 VARC||16-18 for Slot 1, 2 and 3|
CAT 2021 Slot 3 VARC Analysis
- CAT 2021 Slot 3 concluded at 6:30 pm and the overall difficulty level of Slot 3 VARC was reported to be easy.
- There were 24 questions from VARC in slot 3 just like Slots 1 and 2.
- There were 4 Reading Comprehension passages out of which 2 were fairly easy and the other 2 were a bit lengthy. The level of difficulty of the RCs was reported to be easier as compared to Slots 1 and 2.
CAT 2021 Slot 2 VARC Analysis
- CAT 2021 Slot 2 concluded at 2:30 pm. It was reported to be easier as compared to Slot 1 VARC
- Just like CAT 2021 Slot 1, Slot 2 VARC also had 24 questions.
- There were 4 Reading Comprehension passages out of which 2 were fairly easy and 2 were moderately difficult.
- Few questions from Para Jumble and Para Summary were out of context but the overall section was quite easy to attempt.
- For CAT 2021 Slot 3 VARC, it is advisable to attempt a maximum of 2 RCs which are easy and then go on to the 3rd and 4th one.
CAT 2021 Slot 1 VARC Analysis
- CAT 2021 slot got over at 10:30 am.
- The overall difficulty level of the VARC section was moderate.
- There were 4 Reading Comprehension passages out of which 2 were reported to be easy, 1 was doable and 1 was tough. Para jumble, para summary, and odd one out were topics were there in Verbal Ability.
- The number of good attempts for this section would be between 16-18.
CAT 2021 Question Paper & Answer Key
A memory-based question paper and answer key of the CAT 2021 exam can be checked at the links given below.
|CAT 2021 Question Paper (PDF) OUT - Download Memory-based Question Paper of Slot 1, 2 & 3 Here||CAT 2021 Answer Key|
CAT 2021 Section-wise Analysis
|DILR||CAT 2021 DILR Question Paper Analysis & Answer Key|
|QA||CAT 2021 QA Question Paper Analysis & Answer Key|
CAT 2021 Slot-wise Analysis
|Slot 1||8:30 am - 10:30 am||CAT 2021 Slot 1 Question Paper Analysis & Answer Key|
|Slot 2||12:30 pm - 2:30 pm||CAT 2021 Slot 2 Question Paper Analysis & Answer Key|
|Slot 3||4:30 pm - 6:30 pm||CAT 2021 Slot 3 Question Paper Analysis & Answer Key|
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest news and updates!