It seems that the Arts group has been getting more demand in Maharastra and many students are choosing Arts group to pursue in first-year junior colleges (FYJC). Finally, the cutoff marks for the admission into FYJC has been announced. This year a total number of 1,84,000 students secured first class marks in the X class board examinations and merit list of more than 40,000 students was announced on 27-June-2016.
This year, the cutoff has been increased for slightly especially for the Commerce streams. Here is the list of various colleges and cutoff marks for the admission:-
- The cutoff marks for Arts stream at K C College, Churchgate have been raised to 88,4 percent compared to the previous year which was 85.2 percent. Whereas for commerce stream, the cut-offs have been raised to 91.5 percent for the aided institutions and 90.89 for the unaided institutions.
- The cut-offs for DG Ruparel College, Matunga has been raised to 86.6 percent for Arts, 91.8 percent for Science. The cut-offs for Commerce have been reduced.
- The cut-offs for NM College of Commerce and Economics have been raised to 94.5 percent for Commerce streams. The total intake for this college is 1,120.
- The cut-offs at St. Xavier’s Colleges is 94.4 percent for Arts stream.
- The cut-offs at Ruia College, Matunga is 93.2 percent for Science and 91.8 percent for Arts.
- The cut-offs for Jaihind College, Churchgate is 94.1 percent for Arts, 91.8 percent for Commerce and 90.6 percent for Science.
- The cut-offs for RA Polar College for Commerce and Economics have been reduced to 91.8 percent. The total is 874 seats.
From the above list of cut-offs, it is clear that the class X students must work hard to score good marks as cutoffs for the admissions into junior colleges have been increased.