- News byStream
Foreign Students Can Appear Directly for JEE (Advanced)
Students hailing from different countries across the globe will be allowed to directly appear for the JEE( Advanced) test even skipping the JEE (Main), which their Indian counterparts have to take, decides Joint Admission Board (JAB) of IITs recently. Right now students from 9 countries have been allowed to appear for the exam.
These 9 countries are-
- Sri Lanka
- The UAE
- Singapore and
While giving the information an official said, all the IIT will ratify it, as the idea have been approved in principal. The IIT council will approve it next week. It will show India's soft power in IT sector. But it has to be seen that joining of the foreign students in IIT does not hamper the interests of Indian students.
The main reason is to make it to the list of top international educational institutions. In any international rankings, one of the key parameters is international students. Despite scoring well on other parameters, IITs lose out in a big way,” said an official.
Also Read: BITS Pilani to Increase UG Intake to 1,048
Other facts about the exam-
- IIT Bombay has been entrusted with the job implementing the programme.
- The Foreign students will be given seats under the supernumerary category.
- For the exam, centres will be set up in these 9 countries.
- Pakistan has not been included in the list of the country due to home ministry's objection.
- Ethiopia is the only country from Africa to be included in the list.
- For the last many years, IITs are getting a large number of Ethiopian students in post-graduate courses.
- Right now IIT-Guwahati has eight MTech students from Ethiopia.
- The cost of admission will be recovered from the foreign students
- The government will not give any subsidy to foreign students.
- Foreign students will be offered the same facilities as Indian students.
An official update from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) indicated that a total number of 23 new examination ...
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...