Indian Institute of Technology, Madras has published an official notification for the admission to M.Tech course for the academic session 2017-19. The duration of the M.Tech course is two years and the candidates who join in this programme will be offered financial assistance. These candidates will be paid Rs. 12,400 per month as a part of Half-Time Teaching Assistantship (HTTA). However, financial assistance is provided only to Indian nationals.
- GATE 2015/ 2016/ 2017 score is mandatory for the candidates who wish to join M.Tech course at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
- The aspiring candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture or technology.
- The candidates who have Masters degree in Physics or Mathematics or Life Sciences or Chemistry can also apply for the M.Tech course at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
- The candidates who have completed their B.Tech from any of the IITs with CGPA 7.5 (SC/ ST) or CGPA 8 (General Category) can apply for the course. GATE score is not necessary for these candidates.
Application Process: -
- The official M.Tech website of IIT Madras facilitates the online filling of application form.
- The candidates need to fill the online application for the M.Tech course on the official site.
- On the homepage, click on the link ‘Apply Now for M.Tech 2017’.
- The candidates need to upload the scanned copies of the photograph and signature.
- After the submission of M.Tech online application form, the candidates need to pay the application fee.
- The application fee for female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates is Rs. 200.
- The application fee for the M.Tech course at IIT Madras is Rs. 400 for General Category candidates.
Important Date: -
- April 15, 2017, is the deadline to submit online applications for the M.Tech course at IIT Madras.