Get CollegeDekho
Mobile App
 Live Help
 0141-3990699
Login
Signup
Institutes
Courses & Exams
News & Articles
Before     On or after

IIT Madras Launches Mobile App Development Course Online

September 12, 2016 12:55 PM 2 minute read , Engineering , Indian Institute of Technology (Chennai)

IIT Madras Launches Mobile App Development Course Online

People have welcomed the new free online course offered by IIT- Madras and a tech startup Hasura with a smile. The course will be in the form of lectures available to aspirants on YouTube for web- and mobile application development. The programme has received a huge number of applications till now.

  • Duration of the course: five-weeks

Also Read: IIT Madras Bags Spot in Top 250 of QS Ranking

The course has been designed in such a manner that a regular lay man person can understand the course. There is no need for the registered person to be a techie. For learning, all what the aspirant requires is a browser and Internet connection. One can learn from their home or according to their own comfort and that too free of cost.

The course is titled as “Introduction to Modern Application Development” (IMAD), and includes both theory and practice. The candidates will be judged on the basis of their performance throughout the course as they will be given assignments every week which will comprise of 25% of the total marks. The rest 75% marks will be awarded to them on the basis of the final exam.

Also Read: Two Alumni of IIT Madras Donate $1 Million to Fund Research

In order to be eligible for the course, aspirants do not require any knowledge of software or hardware. Some of the various aspects that the course will touch upon include:

  • Java script
  • Fundamentals of JavaScript
  • The programming language of the Web
  • Intro to JS: Drawing and Animation
  • Computer fundamentals
  • Lessons on creating a web or mobile application

Each video will be 20 minutes and will be available on YouTube.

Apart from learning how to develop your own computer application, students will also be able to make contacts, build a network to learn the material and clarify doubts. Also, for some of the work, peer-to-peer grading system has been adopted which will further help the students to indulge themselves in debate and discussions.

Once the course is completed, the candidates will then be awarded a certificate issued by IIT-M. Also, successful participants can then join as employees and interns in top companies like which have joined hands with IITM-Hasura to provide interview opportunities to these students after the course.

High on Travelling, high on life. Fanatic about two things: Chandni chowk and Chicken, "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good."

IIT Madras Launches Mobile App Development Course Online | CollegeDekho
/news/iit-madras-launches-mobile-app-development-course-online-5501/