- News byStream
IP University, Delhi Hikes Annual Fees by 75%
Students enrolled in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University have to pay additional fees, as the University has increased its annual fees by 75% from this current academic session.
While giving the information an official of the University said the Board of Management (BOM) of the university approved the decision to revised the fee in June. Based on the recommendations of the Delhi Fee Regulatory Committee, the admission fee that the self-financing institutes charged has been revised. The revised fee structures for affiliated institutes are available on the website of the University.
Also Read: Management at IIT Indore Holds Fee Hike
Few Important Points about Fee Hike
- The University has 11 University Schools of Studies (USS).
- The number of students enrolled is around 5,000.
- The fee has been revised since 2011-12 for the first time.
- Instead of Rs 40,0000, students enrolled this year will have to pay Rs 70,000.
- The revised fee for MCA at the Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology has increased from Rs 96,600 to Rs 1,20,000.
- Similarly, the proposed fee for B.Tech has been raised from Rs 69,000 to Rs 81,500 at Amity School of Engineering and Technology.
- A State Fee Regulatory Committee was constituted by Delhi Government in February 2013 to determine fee in private institutions in Delhi.
Also Read: TS Government Hikes Engineering Fee
Even the fee has been hiked by around 20-25% in private affiliated institutes. Around 74 affiliated institutes have been issued notification by the Directorate of Higher Education. If any affiliated institute charged more money than what was notified, strict action will be taken, said an official.
Several students and parents informed the university that some affiliated institutes are charging more than the fee notified. These institutes are seeking this money in the name of revised fee structure. The university will take stern action against those erring institutes said the same official.
At the ongoing campus placement season of IIT Bombay, few offers are pouring in from MNCs for positions abroad, for ...
Now that the CAT exam is over, you must be wondering what will be the cutoffs of the top B-schools and which colleges ...