A Memorandum of Understanding was signed by Jawaharlal Nehru University with ICMR on 7th October 2019 to promote institutional collaboration in the area of Education & Research. Indian Council of Medical Research is one of the oldest bodies in the world dedicated to research & development in the field of biomedical sciences. This MoU aims to increase the interactions between the two organisations in various ways like Exchange Programmes, Joint Research Projects, Combined Academic classes, etc.
M Jagadesh Kumar, Vice-Chancellor of JNU said that the objective of inking this MoU is to promote collaboration of faculty, students and staff from both ends. He also mentioned that JNU will be participating in Joint Reseach Projects in the fields of Community Health, Science Policy, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Chemoinformatics, Drug Discovery, Social Medicine, Medical Health Economics, etc.
Also Read: JNU 2020 MBA Admissions, Know All About it.
JNU - ICMR MoU Objectives
Following are the main objectives of the joint venture of JNU and ICMR, have a look:
- To enhance the contribution of JNU in the fields of national interest.
- Involvement with the faculty members of ICMR as well as with the students & staff of other ICMR institutions.
- Exchange Programmes with ICMR and other ICMR institutions for the betterment of students and faculty.
- Providing a platform to JNU students to contribute to the technological developments of the nation.
- Arranging visiting faculty from other ICMR institutions to JNU for short term visits.
IMCR Researches are centric to the National Health issues such as Control Management of Communicable Diseases, Control of Nutritional Disorders, Limit Environmental Health Issues, Cancer, Mental Health, etc. JNU students and staff will be contributing to these fields for the development of National Health Issues.
Tune in to CollegeDekh for more updates!