Yearly placement at Faculty of Management Studies has been wrapped up and CTC has gone higher in 2016. Average stipend went up as compared to the statistics in 2015.
Popular names in the corporate world participated in the yearly placements of FMS to hire the talented youth of the institute. Students were encouraged to explore various new fields. Jobs in various sectors were offered to students including Sales, Marketing, Operations, BFSI, IT, E-Commerce, Media Marketing and Social Development.
Some of the prominent organizations that participated in the placements were Bennett Coleman & Co., ITC, Coca-Cola, Henkel, Tata Steel, Accenture Strategy, Microsoft, Airtel, etc.
Various emerging start-ups also made various offers to promote entrepreneurship spirit amongst the talented youth of the institute. There are 223 students in the batch out of which 210 students appeared for the campus placement.
Following are some of the highlights of the FMS placement 2016:
- 220 offers that were made by 81 companies that recruited all 210 students who appeared for the placement drive.
- A total of 60 pre-placement offers were made out of which 52 were accepted.
- 30% of the total offers were made by FMCG and FMCD organizations.
- Placement 2016 saw 80% rise in e-commerce offers made at FMS.
- The highest number of offers were made by Accenture Strategy i.e. 7.
- 46 out of 220 offers were made from the BFSI sector.
- The average stipend offered in 2016 is Rs.78,122 while the median stipend was Rs.75,000.
- 50% of the students were offered a monthly stipend of Rs. 97,143.