The registration process for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2016 has begun today, August 8, 2016. The registration form for the above has already been released. Candidates must go through the revised exam pattern.
Candidate will have to fill a few details such as email id, mobile number, date of birth, etc in order to receive the User ID and Password. The candidates can then log in using these credentials to fill up the application for CAT 2016.
Also Check: CAT 2015 Exam Analysis
CAT will be conducted in two slots in 2016 and both the slots will be conducted on the same day, i.e. December 4, 2016.
Registration can only be done online through the official CAT website. General candidates will have to pay Rs. 1,700 for the exam whereas SC, ST and PWD categories will have to pay Rs. 850.
The exam score is mandatory to be eligible for admissions to the post graduate programme MBA courses offered at the Indian Institutions of Management (IIMs) and various other reputed business schools across India such as FMS, MDI, SPJIMR, NITIE, etc.
CAT will be held in 135 cities across India and candidates can fill four location preferences for the exam venue.
- Registration process begins on: August 8, 2016
- Last date of registration: September 22, 2016
- Admit cards can be downloaded from: October 18, 2016 (1 pm onwards)
- Dates of uploading online tutorial and sample test paper: October 18, 2016
- Date of CAT 2016: December 4, 2016
- Results will be announced on: January (second week), 2017
- Candidates must have possess a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or its equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST, PWD and DA categories).
- Candidates awaiting final year results have, who have cleared all years/semesters are also eligible to apply.