The Human Resources Development Minister, Prakash Javadekar has announced that the meeting of BRICS countries will take place in India on 30th September’ 16. To be specific, the meeting will take place in New Delhi. The meeting is being conducted so that all the education ministers of BRICS countries can find a way to cooperate and coordinate in the fields of pedagogy and learning. All the senior officials and the education ministers will participate in the meeting. Following will be the focus of the meeting:
- How to encourage cooperation and interactions among students and faculty
- How to share best practices in education
The BRICS countries are:
- South Africa
Prakash Javadekar shared his agenda with the reporters and following are the things that will be covered by him in the next few weeks:
- HRD Minister has a meeting scheduled with the Vice Chancellors of the Central Universities in which the issue of vacant seats will be discussed.
- On 6th October’ 16, he has a meeting at Banaras Hindu University in which the importance of encouraging activities like consultancy will be discussed.
- The Minister will fly to Mohali to attend his meeting on higher education which is scheduled with the heads of six IISERs (Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research).