Infosys Foundation has signed four MoUs (Memorandums of Understanding) with ITCS (International Centre for Theoretical Sciences) of TIFR (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research) with a motive to support research and mentoring activities.
Details of MoUs Signed by Infosys Foundation with TIFR: -
- The Infosys Foundation has signed Rs. 4 crores worth MoU for promoting Infosys Foundation excellence programme at ITCS.
- Through this grant, Infosys Foundation will provide ICTS Visitor Fellowship to 25 academics for travelling to India every year for ICTS programmes.
- A travel grant (ICTS Excellence Grant) will be provided to 20 academic members of ICTS to travel abroad as well.
- The main purpose of the grants is to create learning experiences for students and allow them to participate in academic activities abroad.
- Infosys Foundation signed Rs. 7.5 crore worth MoU for conducting and organising lecture series by eminent experts internationally and within India.
- The MoU will focus on creating an environment to exchange ideas and explore the latest research in Mathematics and Basic Sciences.
- The lecture series will be named as ‘Infosys ICTS Chandrasekhar Ramanujan and Turing Lecture Series’.
- Infosys Foundation signed Rs. 3.35 crore worth MoU to benefit over 200 students, post-doctoral students and faculty members.
- The grant will be used to support the 12th Kavli Asian Winter School in Strings, Cosmology and Particles, international group meetings and collaborations, travel support for participants and speakers from India to Strings 2018.
- Infosys Foundation agreed to provide a grant of Rs. 85 lakh for Homi Bhabha Chair Professorship to support mentoring and research activities.
- Through this MoU, the Chair will be referred as ‘Infosys Homi Bhabha Chair Professor’.