The institutes who provide online distance learning are requested by the UGC to present all the information on their official website. Recently a lot of complaints were coming that the institutes do not give the student all the information which puts him or her in a very restricted situation. All the colleges that are affiliated by the University Grants Commission are ordered to have the following information on their official website.
- Complete prospectus
- Elaboration of academic MoU
- Details of the academic calendar
- Name of the courses available
- List of study centres
- Details of faculty and administrative officials
- Name and other details of the course coordinator
- Minimum qualification of incumbent subject coordinators
- Availability of self-learning materials
- Students appeared and passed
- List of examination centres
- Student strength-enrolled
- Approval of the statutory bodies of the university
- Territorial jurisdiction of university
- Approval of the regulatory bodies
The above information should be available on the website of all the colleges within 15 days of the release of the notice. All this information is necessary for parents and students.
A faculty member of SUK i.e. Shivaji University, Kolhapur said that the University is completely in favour of this decision and UGC has asked the right thing.