- News byStream
UGC Asks Distance Education Universities to Display All Necessary Info on Website
The institutes who provide online distance learning are requested by the UGC to present all the information on their official website. Recently a lot of complaints were coming that the institutes do not give the student all the information which puts him or her in a very restricted situation. All the colleges that are affiliated by the University Grants Commission are ordered to have the following information on their official website.
- Complete prospectus
- Elaboration of academic MoU
- Details of the academic calendar
- Name of the courses available
- List of study centres
- Details of faculty and administrative officials
- Name and other details of the course coordinator
- Minimum qualification of incumbent subject coordinators
- Availability of self-learning materials
- Students appeared and passed
- List of examination centres
- Student strength-enrolled
- Approval of the statutory bodies of the university
- Territorial jurisdiction of university
- Approval of the regulatory bodies
The above information should be available on the website of all the colleges within 15 days of the release of the notice. All this information is necessary for parents and students.
A faculty member of SUK i.e. Shivaji University, Kolhapur said that the University is completely in favour of this decision and UGC has asked the right thing.
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
A centre for Northeast studies has been set up by Miranda House of Delhi University. The main objective of the same is ...
One of the most severe problems in the education systems of India is the gender disparity at educational institutions ...