Courses & Exams
News & Articles
A User Asked this 1 year, 12 months ago

For wildlife management

I have completed my 12th from Maths stream and I have interest in wildlife and forest conservation. Plz guide me what I do now?
Tags: Commerce & Banking
Jayita Ekka Answer written 1 year, 12 months ago
CollegeDekho Expert

Dear student,

Since you are interested in forest conservation and wildlife, we suggest you to do a B. Sc in Forestry. Depending on your field of specialisation, you can work either in offices, laboratories or outdoors in the wild. You can also perform an advisory role in the government and non-governmental organisations to encourage management and mainten the earth 's forest reserves. Other areas of work include:

  • Work as industrial and agricultural consultants in various industries that utilize forest resources
  • Work as financial consultants in forestry organizations
  • On the manufacturing side, you can assist in the manufacture of timber, paper and other wood based products.
  • You can also work towards prevention of forest fires, wasteland development, social forestry, ecotour ism etc are other area that fall within the ambit of forestry specialists.
  • Research in the protection and regeneration of forests is also an important task performed by forests.

Eligibility Criteria to study Forestry:

  • B.Sc. Forestry requires 10+2 Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and/or Mathematics.
  • M.Sc. Forestry in specialisations such as Forest Management, Commercial Forestry, Forest Economics, Wood Science & Technology, Wildlife Science, and Veterinary Science requires B.Sc. Forestry or a graduate degree in related fields.
  • Post-graduates for Forestry or related Master programs may go for Ph.D. and/or research.
  • Open universities such as the Indira Gandhi National Open University offer diploma and certificate courses in Forestry.

Colleges offering B. Sc in Forestry course:

1 Answer
1 Expert