Courses & Exams
News & Articles
A User
Asked this 2 years, 2 months ago

I want to join B. Arch

I am a diploma in civil engineering .so next I want to study b arch it possible to study? And if possible which exam I have to right..
Answer written 2 years, 2 months ago
Student / Alumni


Jayita Ekka
Answer written 2 years, 2 months ago
CollegeDekho Expert

Dear student,

Yes, you can do Architecture Engineering after completing your Diploma in Civil Engineering. But that is only if you have opted for the Diploma after Class 12. If you have opted for Diploma after your Class 10, then you are not eligible. There are many colleges in India which give admission basis Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) for Lateral Entry. You can also opt for Architecture at the AMIE level. Some colleges, however, give direct admission basis marks scored in Diploma and Class 12 Boards. 

What is interesting is that there are many colleges that reserve around 15% seats every year for Lateral Entry. So if your score is good, you stand a good chance. 

However, looking at your education background, our suggestion will be  to opt for B. Tech via Lateral Entry. Reason being, you are already well versed in the basics of the course and the transition to B. Arch will be quite arduous for you. Also, colleges may give priority to students with similar background at the time of admission. 

Eligibility Criteria to move from Diploma in Civil Engineering to B. Arch:

  • Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized university, after passing Class 12
  • At least 60% marks in Diploma to be eligible for LEET entrance exam or to get direct admission

Colleges offering B. Arch in India:

List of B. Arch colleges in India

2 Answers
1 Student
1 Expert