Courses & Exams
News & Articles
A User
Asked this 1 year, 11 months ago

I want to join btech in cse

Hi, I m a Diploma student, I joined it after passing class 10 from CBSE at 7 CGPA and I am planning for my further studies I m doing 3-year diploma in CSE which is going to complete in 2017!! My question is how can I take admission via Lateral entry? I mean which test do I have to give and when please help?
Tags: Engineering
Jayita Ekka
Answer written 1 year, 11 months ago
CollegeDekho Expert

Dear student,

You should have passed your Diploma examination from an AICTE approved Institution; with at least 50% marks. Students from SC/ ST/ State OBC (Non-creamy layer) and Women category will be allowed 5% relaxation to take Lateral Entry admission in 2nd year of engineering.

Some of the entrance exams in India for Lateral Entry admission include:

  • Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC LE) Puducherry
  • Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive Examination (DtoDECE) Bihar
  • Haryana Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET)
  • HP Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET)
  • Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE), Assam
  • Jaypee B. Tech Lateral Entry Entrance Exam 
  • Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET)
  • Lateral Entry in Engineering & Pharmacy (LEEP) Rajasthan
  • Thapar University Lateral Entry 
  • Punjab University Lateral Engineering Entrance Test 


1 Answer
1 Expert