Interior designing : How about designing course?
If your are passionate about design and are artistic in nature, Interior Designing is a good option. With urbanisation, the available space area for residential & commercial is reducing quickly. New age interior designers have to be creative and imaginative to make optimum use of available space. This requires technical planning. As an interior designing professional, you will need to design exclusive furniture artefacts and fittings besides learning managerial skills.
The nature of work of an interior designer is such that you need to have excellent management and communication skills, as well as be creative with your work. In India, depending on the employer and one's experience the salary, junior level designers can earn between Rs. 10, 000 - Rs. 30, 000. As you gather more experience and add more clients to your list, you market value grows from Rs. 30, 000 to Rs. 75,000 a month. Senior interior designers can make upto Rs. 800,000 to Rs. 3,000,000 per client or project.
Some of the top interior designing colleges in India include:
- LISAA School of Design, New Delhi
- ARCH Academy of Design, Delhi
- School of Interior Design, Surat
- Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology (C.E.P.T.), Ahmedabad
- Brick School of Interior Design, Pune
- Inter National Institute of Fashion Design (I.N.I.F.D.), Ajmer
- Vastu Kala Academy college of Architecture and Interior Design, New Delhi
- Inter National Institute of Fashion Design (West Delhi), Delhi
- MAEER's MIT Institute of Design, Pune
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Bennett University - School of Design, Noida
- Raffles Design International, Mumbai
- National College of Design, Chennai