Courses & Exams
News & Articles
A User
Asked this 1 year, 11 months ago

Lateral entry

Hi. I am Manjit from Jharkhand, Ranchi & I'm interested in taking admission in your college in B. Tech. I am a Diploma holder in CSE and I am interested in doing B. Tech in Computer Science.
Tags: Commerce & Banking
Answer written 1 year, 11 months ago
CollegeDekho Expert

Hi Manjit, is an education portal offering information to students like you about colleges, courses, exams & career options. We can guide you with college options basis your education background, but once we've connected you to the college, you will need tp pursue it yourself.

Coming back to your course preference, since you already hold a Diploma in CSE, getting direct admission to the 2nd year of B. Tech should not be a problem if your score is good. Usually, most engineering colleges have a provision called Lateral Entry, which essentially means, that basis your Diploma, you can take admission.

The minimum eligibility criteria for Lateral Entry is that one should have a minimum of 6.0 CGPA and should be minimum 18 years old and maximum 22 years old.

Here are some colleges offering Lateral Entry in CSE:

  • Punjab University - Chandigarh
  • IP University - Delhi
  • Delhi Engineering College - Delhi


In addition, we will put you in touch with a counsellor, who can suggest you colleges basis your scores, location preference etc. Good luck.

1 Answer
1 Expert