Courses & Exams
News & Articles
A User
Asked this 1 year, 7 months ago


Hi, I am currently pursuing my and interested in switching to study masters in psychology and would like to become a counsellor with a doctorate in the same subject. Kindly advice on how to go about.
Tags: Commerce
Akansha Sirohi
Answer written 1 year, 7 months ago
CollegeDekho Expert

Dear Student,

If you are looking for MA courses in psychology, then you will have to apply through the entrance exams conducted for the course at different universities. Most of the universities take admission in the Master's programmes on the basis of entrance exam.

I must also bring to your notice that most of the good colleges in India will require you to have a graduation degree in psychology in order to pursue masters course in the same field. However, there are a few colleges that will offer you MA in psychology programme even though you are from commerce background.

Make sure that you go through the eligibility criterias thoroughly for all the colleges where you want to apply.

Check Colleges Here: PG Psychology colleges in India

1 Answer
1 Expert