Courses & Exams
News & Articles
A User
Asked this 2 years, 4 months ago

Migration after 1st year btech

I am doing my 1st year btech from uttrakhand university . i am thinking to do my 2nd year btech from some other college in mumbai or pune is it possible? If it is possible how much i percent should get in 1st year btech?
Pranab Saikia
Answer written 2 years, 4 months ago
CollegeDekho Expert

Yes, it is possible to migrate from one college to another. There are two processes for migrating from one college to another college.

Students can migrate through Lateral Entry. Under the Lateral Entry, students directly enter the second year of their engineering college. students must have completed their respective branch to be eligible for the Lateral Entry program. After they write a special examination for the enrollment in the institute.

The other option is that students have to appear for a separate entrance examination. Here the scores of first-year Batch will be taken into consideration.

Again you have to find out whether that particular course is available in the college you are intending to migrate or not.

Here are few colleges in Pune that allow Lateral Entry-

College of Engineering - Pune, Maharashtra

Vishwakarma Institute of Technology - Pune, Maharashtra

Cummins College of Engineering for Women - Pune, Maharashtra

G.H.Raisoni College Of Engineering And Management Pune, Maharashtra
For more information, visit!


1 Answer
1 Expert