Updated by: Subhashri Roy on Sept. 27, 2021, 7:06 p.m.
The SAT exam is conducted a number of times throughout the year, specifically in the month of August, September. October, December, March and May. Aspirants must decide the date and time to appear for the test and register within the specified time period. If a student wants to register online or through telephone, the same must be completed within the deadlines specified by the College Board.
SAT is conducted at an international level for admissions in more than 6,000 schools and universities in the USA, Canada, UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia etc. Universities that require SAT Score for admissions are the Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Florida, Florida State University, University of South Florida, Florida International University, University of Central Florida, Georgetown University etc.
The SAT Registration for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Term opened in June 2021. As the SAT is conducted at various centres, the priority of the College Board is to ensure the health and safety of the test-takers and those employed at the test centres. The testing capacity is limited in some areas to ensure safety. Any changes related to the SAT test like the test date and test centres or any other changes related to the exams will be communicated to candidates by the College Board prior to the test, in a bid to avoid confusion and stress.
Want to Get a Perfect SAT Score?
|How is SAT Score Calculated?||More Than 1200 US Universities Make SAT/ACT Optional|
|SAT vs. ACT: Which One Should You Take?||Popular USA Universities Where You Can Apply Without SAT Scores|
Candidates who are interested in applying for SAT 2021, can register for the exam in online mode. Here are the steps to apply online:
1. Visit the official website of the College Board.
2. Register yourself and sign in to your College Board account. Remember, your counsellor or parent cannot register for you.
3. Provide all the required details like your full and legal name along with other identification details. The information provided should match the information as provided in your Government-issued Photo ID.
4. If you want to answer other questions about yourself, then take the SAT student questionnaire.
5. Upload a photo of yourself as per the specific requirements specified by the College Board.
6. Check out or Log out and take a printout of your Admission Ticket.
Candidates can register for SAT through mail, only if they are:
Requesting SAT Sunday testing for the first time.
Submitting the payment by cheque or money order (payable to "The College Board").
Younger than 13 years of age.
Registering through an SAT international representative.
Unable to upload a digital photo as part of the online registration process.
Students who need to mail a paper registration are required to complete the following procedure:
1. Ask your high school counsellor for the Student Registration Booklet for SATs.
2. All fields shaded in red and marked 'Required' must be completed. If you are looking for a fee waiver, include your fee waiver card with the mailed registration.
3. Mail your registration and payment which must be postmarked by the US deadlines. Your documents must be delivered by the deadline for international registration if you want to take the SAT outside the United States.
When applying for the test, the candidate photographs should meet the following SAT Registration Photo Requirements.
It must be a recent clicked photograph.
It must be at least 2X2 inches and not more than 2.5X3 inches.
It must be clearly identifiable as the candidate with a full-face view and must match the candidate's appearance on the day of the test.
The photo must be taped over the barcode. It must be clear tape and one should not use staples, glue or paper clips.
The candidate's name, date of birth and high school code on the back of the photo.
For those who are applying online, candidates must upload a digital copy of the photograph and should be saved in the following formats - jpg, gif or png.
Check out the SAT registration fees and other charges for international SAT test-takers in the table below.
|SAT||$52 + Non-U.S. Regional Fee ($49)|
Candidates might need to pay additional fees if they fall under any one of the mentioned categories below.
|Register by phone - Available only if you've registered previously||$15|
|Change fee - For changing your test centre or test date||$30|
|Waitlist fee - Charged only if you're admitted to the test centre on test day||$53|
1. How to register for the SAT 2021?
Candidates can register for SATs by visiting the official website of the College Board, the conducting body of SAT. Create an account on the website to get registered and complete the rest of the application, thereafter.
2. What all details are required to register for SAT?
Candidates must provide the basic details like their full and legal name and age as mentioned in the government ID. He/She must also upload a recently clicked digital photograph along with the application if applying online.
3. Is Sunday SAT testing available in India?
No, Sunday SAT testing is not available in India.
4. When should I register for the SAT test?
SATs are conducted throughout the year on specified dates. You can register for the SAT Test based on the day on which you wish to appear for the test. You must register and apply at least one month before the test date.
5. Is there any late registration option for SAT?
Yes, candidates will be allowed to register after the first deadline passes. However, they will be charged a late fee for registering after the deadline. Candidates are advised to complete the online registration within the deadlines specified by the College Board.
6. What are the options available for students to register for the SAT test?
Online registration is the easiest method to register for the SAT test. However, candidates can also apply through mail, also known as paper registration. This type of registration is done through a counsellor or representatives.
7. What are the documents required to apply for SAT via email?
The candidate must have a photo meeting the necessary requirements, a form of payment, a clergy letter (if applicable), a fee waiver card (if applicable) to apply for SAT via email.
8. How to apply for SAT subject test?
The SAT Subject tests have been scrapped and will no longer be offered to any aspirant from 2021.
9. Can I change my name, date of birth and gender after registering for the SAT?
Yes, you can change your name, date of birth and gender after registering for the SAT no later than 8 pm. ET on the Monday 5 days before the test date. No extra fee will be charged for the same.
10. Can I change my photo uploaded while registering for the SAT?
Yes, you can change the photo that you uploaded to register for the SAT by logging into your College Board account. The same will be allowed up to five days before the test date.
Have More Doubts About SAT Registration?