History, Affiliations & Rankings
Founded back in 1952 by the name “Mobile University” when the Mobile Baptist Association appointed a committee to study the feasibility of starting a Baptist-affiliated college in Mobile. Later in 1993, it was renamed “University of Mobile”, which became a Christ-centered academic community providing liberal arts and professional programs. University of Mobile has been ranked #1 Best Regional Colleges in the South in 2019 by CollegeConcensus.com, #5 Best Regional Colleges in the South & Best Value Regional Colleges in the South in 2018 by U.S. News & World Report.
Infrastructure, Campus & Courses
University of Mobile offers over 90 areas of study which include both, On Campus and Online courses. The university caters to over 1700+ students across their 880 acres of campus, which has been ranked #22 amongst the Best College Campuses in America. University of Mobile has a wide range of courses, however the most popular majors include: Business Administration and Management, General; Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse; Elementary Education and Teaching; Religious/Sacred Music; and Psychology, General.
Accomplishments & Alumni
The community that is built at UM as a student does not end at graduation. Their major aim is to continue that community and build upon the students’ UM connections. Some of the famous Alumni from UM include Phillip Lee, Jr. - U.S. Navy Reserve admiral, J. C. Romero - Former MLB baseball player and 2008 World Series Champion, Joe Espada - Major League Baseball coach and countless more.
Student Diversity & Visiting Companies
Voted Number 1 Best Regional College in the South in 2019, 90% of UM graduates from University of Mobile, with bachelor's degrees, are employed or continuing education within 6 months after graduating. With the unique idea of 13:1 faculty ratio ensures that every student will get the attention they deserve and help them step into their full potential. The University administration not only encourages diversity institutionally, but also fosters an atmosphere where students can exchange differing perspectives and ideas in meaningful and positive ways. Over 25% of the total students attending University of Mobile are representing 17 different countries, and the rest 75% come from within Alabama. Top hirers include Wells Fargo, Xerox, McKinsey, PWC and Deloitte.
University of Mobile
| | None
Updated On - Oct 12, 2020 02:04 PM
Updated On - Oct 10, 2020 02:35 PM
Updated On - Oct 09, 2020 09:09 AM
Updated On - Oct 08, 2020 05:14 PM
Updated On - Oct 08, 2020 04:30 PM
Updated On - Oct 08, 2020 04:21 PM
Updated On - Oct 19, 2020 01:31 AM
Updated On - Oct 08, 2020 11:08 AM
Updated On - Oct 15, 2020 03:46 PM
Updated On - Oct 08, 2020 09:12 PM
Updated On - Oct 13, 2020 04:56 PM
Updated On - Oct 15, 2020 10:42 AM
Connect with us to know your study options overseas and kickstart your learning journey for a rewarding experience!GET FREE COUNSELLING