University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata is open for admission to their 2 years Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) program for the academic year 2016.
Who can Apply:
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the bachelor’s degree and/or in the master’s degree in Sciences/ Humanities/ Social Science, bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for admission.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Application fee is Rs. 150/- for general and Rs75/- for SC/ST/PWD to be made through SBI Collect (e-challan payment only).
Who will be Selected:
- Students will be selected strictly on the basis of merit.
Dates to Remember:
- Last date to apply online: Wednesday, May 25, 2016.
- Last date of e-receipt of payment: Wednesday, May 25, 2016.
- Last date for submission of printed copy of application form: Friday, May 27, 2016.
About University of Calcutta:
The University of Calcutta (informally known as Calcutta University or CU) is a public state university located in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), West Bengal, India established on 24 January 1857. It was the first institution in Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and secular Western-style university. Within India it is recognized as a "Five-Star University" and a "Centre with Potential for Excellence" by the University Grants Commission and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. There are four Nobel laureates associated with this university: Ronald Ross, Rabindra Nath Tagore, C. V. Raman and Amartya Sen. The university has the highest number of students who have cleared the doctoral entrance eligibility exam in Natural Science & Arts conducted by Government of India's National Eligibility Test to become eligible to pursue research with full scholarship awarded by the Government of India.