CBSE Issues Latest Assessment Structure for Class X

Published: | February 01, 2017
CBSE Issues Latest Assessment Structure for Class X
Central Board of Secondary Education issued the remodelled assessment structure for the class X examinations of the board starting from next academic session.

On Tuesday, 31 January 2017, Central Board of Secondary Education issued the remodelled assessment structure for the class X examinations starting from the next academic session. Now under the new rules, students appearing for the class X exams will have to study the complete syllabus of the entire year. Additionally, they will have to score 33% marks, both in theory and internal assessment, so as to clear the examinations.

Also Read: CBSE Class 10 & 12 Board Exams 2017 Revised Date Sheets Released

It was in December 2016, when CBSE announced that the board examinations will become mandatory instead of school-based examination. In a circular issued by the board, it announced that the dual schemes of examination for 10th class will be discontinued.

As per the new structure, the board examinations will carry 80% weightage or marks and the rest of the 20% will come from internal assessment. Right now, the format followed is 60:40. As per the new rules, theory paper will cover the whole syllabus and will test the intelligence of the students. The students will have to score 23% marks in the theory paper, at least.

As regards internal assessment there will be three periodic tests instead of four formative assessments. Each school will conduct these tests on their own - one being the mid-term test and other two being pre-midterm and post-midterm.

Also Read: Health Ministry Approves CBSE's Recommendation on 'No Upper Age Limit' for NEET-UG 2017

Besides the written tests, five marks each will be meant for notebook submission as well as subject enrichment activities. Under the subject enrichment activities, students will be assessed on different parameters like -

  • Laboratory activities
  • Reading and listening
  • Practical work
  • Projects

The board has also included 'Discipline' as a graded subject. Under this, students will be marked on sincerity, attendance, behaviour and values that they showcase throughout the academic year. It will be an addition to the other co-scholastic subjects like arts and health, work education and physical education. Each student will get the grade on a five-point scale from A to E.

Stay tuned to CollegeDekho.com for ore updates!

Comments

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

Apply Now
Experts image

Want to learn more about college options and to secure an admission now!

CollegeDekho's expert counsellors can help you with all your doubts