- News byStream
CSE, IT Most Popular Choices Amongst Delhi Engineering Aspirants
Engineering aspirants in the national capital have shown a keen interest in courses like Computer Science, Information Technology and Electronics and communication engineering. With the servicing sector on the rise in India, these courses have become highly popular among the students.
The trend came to light during the two rounds of common counselling conducted at four premier engineering colleges in Delhi i.e. Delhi Technological University (DTU), Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW), Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Delhi) and Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT).
The common counseling process for admissions to B.Tech colleges started in June 2014 for the first three colleges mentioned above and NSIT joined later. This saved the students from the hassle of filling up separate application forms for different colleges that fall under the administration of the government of Delhi. Also, students were saved from attending separate counselling for different colleges. Document verification and fees submission have become one-time processes even if the candidate needs to upgrade his course.
Rules for the common counselling are the same as they are for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology and the National Institutes of Technology. Candidates have to fill up their preferred choices and seats are allocated based on centralized merit list basis which they are allowed to lock only one seat unlike in the previous years of counseling.
Interesting facts about 2016 common counselling:
- B.Architecture programme at IGDTUW was opened for students through the joint admission counselling (JAC) portal in 2016. Admissions to this course were done through offline mode in 2015.
- The number of seats has gone up in several institutions participating in the counseling process. 250 seats have been increased by DTU in several programmes, 60 seats were increased in CSE by IGDTUW and 70 seats were increased by IIITD.
- 3,328 seats were offered in the joint counseling in 2016 as opposed to 2,928 seats in 2015 in BE/B.Tech programmes. B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering was the most popular programme in the 1st round of counseling.
- The number of applicants has also gone up this year and the counseling will be concluded early, i.e July 31, 2016. The session will start from August 1, 2016.
- The number of seats in B.Tech CSE have been increased from 140 to 360 and seats in IT have been raised from 40 to 120 as both are very popular courses.
The Andhra Pradesh Engineering Agriculture Medical Common Entrance Examination, popularly known as the AP EAMCET was ...
National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) will be conducting NCHMCT JEE 2017 tomorrow i.e. ...