- News byStream
CSIR UGC NET'16 on 19th June
The exam for Council of Scientific & Industrial Research & University Grants Commission (CSIR UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) is scheduled to take place on 19th June’16. All the interested students are requested to fill out the forms on time.
This exam is conducted to determine the eligibility of the Indian national candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and the eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology. The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
- The candidates who wish to apply should have attained M. Sc or equivalent degree/Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS, having acquired at least 55 per cent marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates and 50 per cent for candidates belonging to SC/ST, Physically Handicapped and Visually Handicapped categories. Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on March 1, 2016 are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award.
- The candidates who wish to apply should have attained BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55 per cent marks for general and OBC (Non Creamy layer) candidates; 50 per cent marks for SC/ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/ enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD programme within the validity period of two years.
- The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD degree holders who have passed Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50 per cent marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
- For JRF (NET): The candidates more than 28 years of age are not allowed to apply.
- For LS (NET): There is no upper age limit for this programme.
The candidates applying for the test may deposit their examination fee, after verifying their eligibility, in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the application fee in cash through bank challan or through RTGS/NEFT.
- General: Rs 1,000
- OBC Non creamy layer: Rs 500
- SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH): Rs 250
- Date of single MCQ examination tentatively on: June 19
- Schedule for on-line application-
- Start of on-line submission of application form and fee deposit through bank challan: February 5
- Date of close of deposit of fee (at all stations): February 29
- Date of close of on-line submission of applications (at all stations): March 3
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application in the examination unit: March 7
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application in the examination unit (from remote areas): March 14
- Last date for receipt of written request for change of examination centre only on merit basis: April 6
- Tentative date of publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website: May 9
- Last date for accepting of representation about non-registration for this test: May 16
- Issue of e-Admission certificate to registered candidates: Mid-June 2016
IIT Dhanbad has announced admissions for its full-time as well as part-time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme that ...
Not very long ago the CBSE had announced that class 12 marks will not be evaluated in the selection process through ...