- News byStream
Day 3 of Book Fair: Filled with Cultural Heritage
The 43rd New Delhi World Book Fair was inaugurated on Saturday by the Human Resource Minister Smriti Irani.
The theme for this 43rd book fair is “the cultural heritage of India”. The guest of honor country is China.
Talking about the Chinese participation, Irani said, "I believe that 50 publishing houses and 9 eminent authors bring with them to this World Book Fair around 5,000 titles so that through this exchange our people across both nations can be enriched."
This wonderland of books lasts for 9 days and it includes:
- Panel discussions
- Classical and folk dances
- Authors' meets
- Cultural programmes
On Day 3
A panel discussion was organized on the topic ‘Science through Sanskrit: Exploring Possibilities.’ Shreeji Devpujari, Dr C S R Prabhu and Ra Jyotishi were the people with the knowledge here. They shared their views about the scientific development in ancient times as mentioned in Sanskrit texts.
Various performances were there like:
- Indian classical dance Odissi by Kasturi Pattnaiyak and her troupe
- Bamboo Dance by Vanlalpawla and his troupe
- Chari and Bhawai Dance by Suresh and Veena Vyas
- Devotional songs by Leepika Bhattacharya.
Many books were released at the Fair including:
- Beyond News, published by Vishwa Hindi Sahitya Parishad, Delhi
- Miljul Mann and Quiya Jaan by Samayik Prakashan
- Kuch Apni Kuch Jag Beeti, Hindi kahani Ke Naye Pratiman, Safar Mein Sath, Ek Indradhanushi Vayktitva, Bla Krishan Ke Bal Geet, Aurat Ki Jang published by Sahitya Niketan, Bijnor.
The day was satisfying for the audience as well as for the artists.
Mr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Minister of HRD (State) informed Rajya Sabha that the HRD Ministry has decided to discard ...
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...