Book lovers across the city can now rejoice in the fact that the 2016 edition of the Delhi Literature Fest is going to start in the city soon. No doubt that the fourth edition of the fest is going to enthral people with its set of famous authors, book launches and interview sessions. The fest would be held at the Delhi Haat and would commence on 8th January and continue till 10th January.
The audience at the fest can expect to witness and participate in various events such as panel discussions on various issues concerning our nation, interaction with the favourite authors, book launches, poetry, theatre, cinema, workshops and live performances. The fest that started in the year 2013 has been graced by many eminent personalities like Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, Shashi Tharoor and Suhel Seth.
The primary agenda of the event is to promote art, culture and literature among the populace and the participation of eminent award-winning authors and journalists and young aspiring authors every year has only helped the cause.
What awaits you at the fest:
On Day 1
From 4 pm till 5 pm the registrations for the fest would be done on 8th January.
- Inaugural Session would be held between 6 pm to 7 pm.
- The Sahitya Akademi Award Winner Munawwar Rana would be felicitated.
Guests to meet
- Ajay Mago (Publisher, Om Books International)
- Kapil Mishra, Minister Art, Culture & Language & Tourism Government of NCT of Delhi
- Debashree Rakshit (Publisher, Harper Collins)
- Vaishali Mathur (Publisher, Penguin India)
- Baldeo Bhai Sharma, Chairman National Book Trust
From 8:15 onwards the stage would be set for Aanch! To entice with a live performance
On Day 2
From 4:15 pm to 5 pm a discussion on the coming of the age of intolerance would be held. The guests invited are:
- Sudheendra Kulkarni
- Seshadri Chari
- Mani Shankar Aiyar, Hon’ble Member of Parliament
On Day 3
From 2 pm to 2:45 pm there would be a speaking session by Shujoy Dutta (Like a Pinprick to the Heart) and from 4 pm to 4:45 pm there would be a Book Release and Discussion session of Return of a King: The Battle for Afghanistan by William Dalrymple.
Famous Authors to meet
- Christopher Doyle (Bestselling Author, The Mahabharata Secret)
- Vikas Singh (Bestselling Author, The Big Fix)
- Suhail Mathur (Bestselling Author, The Bhairav Putras)
The Conclusion: Rediscovery of India
A tribute to Pandit Nehru
Guest invited: Rahul Gandhi, Hon’ble Member of Parliament
The events would be moderated by Barkha Dutt