- News byStream
DU: LLB Seats Reduced to 1,440, Evening Classes Scrapped from Next Academic Year
According to the decision taken by Bar Council of India (BCI), the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi will only admit 1,440 students to its LLB programme from the next academic session, i.e., 2017- 2018. The current intake is 2,310. The BCI has also directed the University to cancel evening classes from next year. However, this year, the evening classes will take place, as scheduled.
The decision has been taken by BCI as the University does not have proper infrastructure facilities and intake requirements. Moreover, the University failed to recruit permanent teachers as per regulations of UGC and BCI.
New Decisions Taken by BCI Regrading DU LLB Programmes:-
- The three law centres are allowed to take 737 students each, i.e., a total number of 2,310 students. However, this rule is applicable for the current academic session
- The University is allowed to admit 480 students for each law centre from the next academic session
- The University should not conduct any evening classes from the next academic year
- Evening classes for the students of current academic year will continue as usual
- Law Centre II will be shifted to the new centre will full infrastructure within one year
- Campus Law Centre will remain in the same building
- The students who have completed law courses from evening classes will be regularised and can register with State Bar Councils
- CLC and LC I will be operated from a new building from 2017-18
- For new students (2016-17), the classes in Law Centre (LC I) will take place from 8.00 AM to 1.30 PM
- For new students (2016-17), the classes in Law Centre (LC II) will be held from 2.00 PM to 7.30 PM
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
An official update from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) indicated that a total number of 23 new examination ...
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...