Summer placements 2016 saw a change in trends at the Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon. Fewer e-commerce job offers were made at the institute, however, the number of manufacturing offers increased as compared to 2015.
Check out the highlights of MDI’s summer placement 2016:
- Hiring in e-commerce sector has gone down by 10%. The sector comprised of 14% of the total hiring done at the campus in 2015 which has come down to 3% in 2016.
- Recruitment in the manufacturing sector has gone up by 3% and the consulting sector has also seen a rise of 7% in placements 2016.
- The largest contribution at the placement was made by FMCG and FMCD sectors. 28% of the total students hired were recruited by these sectors.
- 19% of the total hiring was done by BSFI sector and 15% of the students were hired by consulting companies.
- The highest package was Rs. 3 lakhs for two months and there was a rise in the average package which turned out to be 18% constituting to Rs.1.64 lakhs.
- Godrej emerged as the largest recruiter, hired 15 students out of which five were international offers.
- Other major recruiters of the summer placement 2016 were JPMorgan Chase, Axis Bank, American Express and Snapdeal.
- 299 students were placed in the three-day placement drive that was closed on Friday, October 7, 2016.
Prof. Kanwal Kapil, Chairperson of Placements, MDI Gurgaon said that manufacturing industry has made considerably more offers at the campus as compared to last year. Stating the reason behind the rise in employment opportunities in the manufacturing sector, Kapil said that government initiatives such as Make in India have increased the placement opportunities in this area.
The hiring has been constant in the banking and financial services sector as compared to the statistics of 2015. Explaining the decline in e-commerce sector hiring, Kapil said that e-commerce companies were supposed to come on the fourth and the fifth day of the drive, however, by that time most of the students were already placed. A few offers were made by Snapdeal during the summer placement 2016.