Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has published a notification for the admission to its Ph.D. courses in the following disciplines: -
GGSIPU Ph.D Eligibility Criteria
- Master's degree in relevant field, i.e., M.Ed/ M.Tech/ M.A/ M.Sc is mandatory for seeking admission.
- The minimum qualification marks in Master's degree should be 55 percent. However, SC/ST candidates have 5% relaxation.
- The candidates who have qualified in CISR-NET/UGC-NET/JRF apart from Master's degree are exempted from taking the entrance test.
- The candidates who are waiting for the announcement of results of the examinations mentioned above can also apply.
Application Procedure: -
- Filling online application form on the official site of GGSIPU is mandatory.
- After filling the online application form with necessary details, the candidates need to pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000.
GGSIPU Ph.D Selection Procedure:
- The candidates who are seeking admission through Master's degree qualification need to take Research Aptitude Test (RAT) which will be conducted for 600 marks.
- A separate merit list will be published as per the score secured by the applicants in RAT.
- The interview process will follow for the shortlisted candidates.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/ CISR-NET/ JRF need not take RAT and attend the interview directly.
- The candidates who are working with an organisation or institute need to submit a 'No Objection Certificate' or NOC from the employer.
Research Aptitude Test (RAT) Exam Pattern: -
The examination duration is three hours, and the question paper is divided into two sections: -
Section I: It is for 200 marks, and the duration is one hour, and the section consists of General Aptitude Test (GAT) and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
Section II: It is for 400 marks, and the duration is two hours, and the section consists of Subject Specific Test (SST).
Important Dates: -
|Online filing of Application forms started on||January 7, 2017|
|Final date to submit online application forms||January 27, 2017|
|Research Aptitude Test||February 12, 2017|