The security audit of all e-governance task taken by the Odisha Government will be done by International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bhubaneswar The decision came after a meeting of the Board of Governors held under the Chairmanship of Aditya Prasad Padhi, Chief Secretary of the state in Bhubaneswar.
The Government Odisha has taken a number of measures to bring in better responsiveness, accountability and transparency in governance. Of the many IT-based tools, the Integrated Mines & Mineral Management System (i3MS), is one of the innovative IT-based programmes and it has been highly appreciated by the Centre. It will perform multiple of functions in mineral sector of the state real time basis like:
- Monitor production
IT application Project e-Shishu made for the Orissa Primary Education Programme Authority (OPEPA) to find out of school children enrolled in. Elaborating on the ongoing programmes and activities undertook for the institute, the Chief Secretary said that Government would tell management authority of IIIT Bhubaneswar management to focus on quality improvement in the institute. The other responsible measure for the institute includes:
- Find more qualitative jobs for pass-outs
- Increase research and innovation activities
- Improve the hostel infrastructure
- Improve quality of hostel food served to the students
Pradeep Kumar Jena, Principal Secretary IT also appealed to the Institute to enhance research and projects activities in collaboration with the industries as well as with international funding agencies.
Some important decision that were taken in the meeting:
- Institute to collaborate placement officers of various B.Tech colleges
- Increase the incubation as well as innovative activities in the institute
- An image and video laboratory will be set up estimated at INR 21 lakh
- A fibre optics laboratory will establish with an estimate of INR 8 lakh
- Institute would get one RF (Radio frequency) Communication Lab costing INR 6 lakhs
- Under the infrastructure development activities- single room hostel, a new training centre, faculty housing to come