- News byStream
IIIT-Delhi Students Got Picked for Google Summer of Code
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-Delhi) will sit in the hall of fame now that Google Summer of Code, a global program selected 15 of their best students.
Google Summer of Code (GSoC) selects students from all over the world to write open source coding projects and offers a stipend of $5000. In 2016, Google shortlisted 1000 applications from all over the world and 15 of them are from IIIT-Delhi.
A press conference was called on June 1, to shed light on the achievements of the institution in the academic year 2015. Mr. Kiran Karnik, Chairman, IIIT-Delhi, Prof. Pankaj Jalote, Director, IIIT-Delhi and Prof. Dheeraj Sanghi, Dean of Academic Affairs and External Relations, IIIT-Delhi were the key speakers of the conference.
Achievement of the academic year (2015-16):
IIIT-Delhi was granted INR 24 crore by Infosys to set up an Artificial Intelligence center at its campus.
- Delhi Government's Grant to IIIT-Delhi of Rs. 1.5 crore for encouraging entrepreneurship in the capital.
- IIIT-Delhi's accelerator programme - Innovate Delhi Boot Camp for flourishing startups.
- New Ph.D. course (Ph.D. mathematics), New B.Tech course (Computer Science and Applied mathematics) and M.Tech Program in Computational Biology launched.
Research and awards won by faculty and students in academic year (2015-16):
- Dr. Vinayak Naik received Google Internet of Things (IoT) Technology Research Award.
- Yashovardhan Sharma, 3rd-year B.Tech student is currently working with Somitra K Sanadhya and Dr. Donghoon Chang on a few Cryptology projects, has been awarded IUSSTF fellowship for working with Prof Manoj Prabhakaran at UIUC.
- Maneet Singh, Deepali Kishnani, and Nikita Gupta (Ph.D. Students) received the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship 2015 for Asia Pacific Region.
- Shuktikajain (B.Tech 4 the year) received first prize in the student research competition organized by FSE 2015.
- Mentor, Dr. Vinayak Naik, Student Innovators -Shuchita Gupta and Yashovardhan Sharma was awarded Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award, 2016.
IIT Dhanbad has announced admissions for its full-time as well as part-time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme that ...
Not very long ago the CBSE had announced that class 12 marks will not be evaluated in the selection process through ...