Indian Institute of Management Bangalore and Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, come together to initiate a National Fellowship Programme for Indian students. The fellowship is named as 'Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship' (MGNF) and has a duration of 2 years. MGNF will be facilitated by the IIM-B’s CPP or Centre of Public Policy to the interested students. CPP is an independent department of IIM-B working as a Policy Think-Tank for the welfare of Public with Teaching, Traning, Research and Capacity Building. The fellowship programme will be launched in Rajasthan, Uttrakhand, Gujrat, Karnataka, Meghalaya and Uttar Pradesh.
Eligibility Criteria for MGNF
Students interested in being a part of MGNF must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- The degree possessed by students must be from a recognized university or college.
- Age of all applicants must lie between 21 to 30 years.
Some of the major objectives of the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship are as follows:
- The programme aims to bring awareness among the students of small towns and districts of India.
- To attract talent from all over the country for the development of administration at district levels.
- To identify and train a group of students, ready to work in the nation-building by the training provided by IIM-B.
- The training provided to students would include - Entrepreneurship, Ecosystem Management, Public Policy Management, etc.
- Candidates of MGNF will be participating in skill development with the district administration.
- The classroom learning on mentorship at IIM-B will enable students to implement the teaching on the field. Strengthening of the district economy will be one of the major aims of the students.
IIM-B will be guiding students throughout the fellowship tenure. Leadership skills and mentorship lectures delivered to candidates will help them in fostering growth and development in districts allocated to them. The initiative plans to remove ecosystem barrier between districts of Indian states.
On the completion of course, candidates will receive a certificate from IIM-B in Public Policy Management. The application process for MGNF is yet to start. Stray tuned to CollegeDekho to know more about it.