The Centre for Public Policy (CPP) at IIM Bangalore will host 13th International Conference on Public Policy & Management from August 23 to 25, 2018, at New Delhi – India Habitat Centre. This year, the theme of the international conference is ‘Inclusion and Exclusion: Policy & Practice’. For the first time, IIM Bangalore is organising this conference outside Bangalore. Interested students can also take part in the conference, and the ID card is mandatory for registration.
The three-day international conference will include a bunch of events including roundtable discussions, panel discussions and keynote speeches around many economically and socially relevant topics like: -
- Terms of Reference of the Fifteenth Finance Commission
- Scaling Livelihoods for Persons with a Disability
- Diversity and Inclusion at Institutes of Higher Education
- Consumer Citizenship and Social Inclusion
The following popular personalities will take part in the conference to expresses their views on the varied topics associated with the theme of the conference: -
- Professor at National Institute of Public Finance and Policy - Pinaki Chakraborty
- Professor at Jawaharlal Nehru University - Balveer Arora
- Founder and Research Director of Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy - Arghya Sengupta
- Emeritus Professor at National Institute of Public Finance and Policy - M Govinda Rao
- Founder of EnAble India - Shanti Raghavan
- Former Chairperson of State Bank of India - Arundhati Bhattacharya
- VP & Head of Corporate Social Responsibility of Mphasis - Meenu Bhambhani
- Professor at IIM Bangalore - Rajluxmi V Murthy
- Professor at Delhi School of Economics - Ashwini Deshpande
- Winner of the Infosys 2010 Prize for Social Sciences and Professor at Institute of Economic Growth - Amita Baviskar
Secretary to Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri KP Krishnan will deliver the closing address on ‘Emerging Skill Development and Regulatory System’.
Director of IIM Bangalore, Professor G Raghuram, will deliver the welcome address of the international conference. IIM Bangalore Director along with other faculty members will take part in panel discussions. The panels include: -
- Chair - NS Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning – Suresh Bhagavatula, Former IIMB faculty member from the Finance & Accounting - PC Narayan and Former Indian Foreign Service Officer and Adviser, CPP – N. Ravi
- Decision Sciences and Information Systems area and Chair - Committee on Inclusion - Rajluxmi V Murthy & Economics & Social Sciences Dean & Faculty – Gopal Naik
- Chair – CPP – Professors Hema Swaminathan, Rajalaxmi Kamath, Arnab Mukherji (CPP), Anil B Suraj (CPP), Soham Sahoo (CPP) and G Ramesh (CPP)
The international conference will provide a unique platform to bring together practitioners, scholars and experts from different disciplines to discuss diverse policy issues.
For the conference, full paper submissions were invited on different domains in public policy and management from academicians, researchers, practitioners and policymakers.
For the latest IIM Bangalore news and updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.