- News byStream
Admission Notice - IIST Invites Applications for Ph.D. Programme – 2016
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Thiruvananthapuram has invited applications from highly motivated applicants for admission to the Ph.D. Programme starting in January 2016, in the areas of Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Earth and Space Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Humanities.
1. Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology
Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology must have secured first class or equivalent in the Master’s degree. They must have pursued their Master’s degree on the basis of qualified GATE score. Applicants with MS in Engineering or equivalent from leading foreign Universities with outstanding academic record (or) MS by Research with outstanding academic record can be considered without GATE. Applicants with Integrated Masters degree (or Dual Degree) in Engg/Tech from IITs and IISc with minimum CGPA 9.0/10 can be considered without GATE.
2. Applicants with Master’s Degree in Science
Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area with first class or equivalent in their Master’s degree. They must have qualified UGC/CSIR NET/JEST (or) GATE in the relevant disciplines.
3. Applicants with Master’s Degree in Humanities
Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area with first class or equivalent in their Master’s degrees. They must have qualified UGC NET -JRF in the relevant disciplines.
4. Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology
Outstanding applicants with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an excellent academic record and aptitude for research may be considered for direct admission to the Ph.D. Programme. Such applicants must have secured CGPA of 9.0/10 or better and a valid GATE score of 675 or better. B. Tech students from IITs with CGPA better than 9.0/10 do not require GATE.
Applicant should be below 28 years as on 30th November 2015. Age relaxation applicable as per Government Rules.
Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen
1. Applications will be received until December 04, 2015 only through on-line.
2. From the eligible applicants, a short-listing will be done, taking into account their applicable
GATE/NET scores. Therefore applicants are advised to enter:
GATE score through which Master’s Degree has been pursued;
Best GATE score if the applicant possesses more than one GATE score.
3. List of short-listed applicants for written test or interview will be displayed in IIST website by
December 15, 2015.
4. Depending on the number of applicants who have applied, the final selection is based on an interview, which will be conducted at IIST, Thiruvananthapuram during First week of
How to apply:
1. Applications shall be submitted online at the IIST website www.iist.ac.in. Applications received online only will be considered.
2. The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in the profile registration once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the applicant while filling the profile.
3. Application fee is to the extent of Rs. 250/- per Department code (for SC/ST/PWD and
Women applicants - Rs.125/- per Department code). If the applicant is eligible and wishes to apply for more than one Department code, he/she has to submit the application and application fee for the respective Department codes separately. The application fee is nonrefundable.
4. All the applicants have to bring the Bank challan copy of the respective Department code at the time of the interview as proof.
5. Applicants who are employed in Government/Semi Government/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies need to produce a “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the current employer at the time of Interview.
6. SC/ST/OBC/Persons with Disabilities (PWD) applicants shall upload in the website, the relevant certificate before the prescribed date.
Opening of IIST website for online submission of applications 16.11.2015 (05.00 PM)
Closing date for online submission of applications 04.12.2015
Last Date for Payment of application fee and uploading the challan 08.12.2015
Display of shortlisted applicants for written test or interview in website 15.12.2015
Tentative Schedule of Interview First week of January 2016
Display of selected applicants (for admission) in IIST website 11/01/2016
For more information visit https://www.iist.ac.in
Here is a good samaritan work of the students of IIM- A, as they are coming to extol a cause for the underprivileged ...
Students are often confused about the evaluation criteria used by the various Indian Institutes of Management. Since ...